ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Adams, Steve Enoch,

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
We definitely need another big to go with Enoch. Last night's poor showing on the boards and inside showed me UConn is not going to be able to compete effectively with big physical teams with the team it has right now. Also saw that against Duke.

Can't wait for my man Jalen to come in! Dude is real special in all facets!! Yea he will struggle a bit as most true frosh do but he is a competitor and has lots of swag!

We are looking to add at least 2 more players with those two already signed. Obviously another Big is priority.

Any reason why Borges and NHR are still writing uconn targets and interests?? They are signed sealed and delivered!!

This post was edited on 1/18 8:11 PM by Ozzie3178

Originally posted by Ozzie3178:

Any reason why Borges and NHR are still writing uconn targets and interests?? They are signed sealed and delivered!!
Don't know if you read the link he mentioned there were others besides the commits:
" a couple of UConn targets in '16 forward Tyrique Jones and '16 guard Bruce Brown at 6:30 p.m.
After that game, Husky target Omari Spellman, a 6-foot-8, 270-pound Class of 2016 power forward

This post was edited on 1/18 10:34 PM by the Blades

Also some national hoops guys on Enoch:
@EvanDaniels: Steve Enoch now has multiple mid-range J's. Best I've ever seen him play. Has a lot of upside. Can help UConn next year.

@jeffborzello: Indeed. Has been a monster today. RT @EvanDaniels: Its night & day between todays viewing of Steve Enoch & the one I had in Nov.

Jerry Meyer[/B] @r247
Quite impressed w/ Uconn signee Steve Enoch. Good strong athlete w skilled interior game.

also: Georgetown & UConn have offered 2017 center

"6-10, 280-pound center Samuel Japhet-Mathias of Vermont Academy came into the Hoop Hall Classic with a Georgetown
offer, and he left the event with a Connecticut offer as well."

Bruce Brown talks reclassification & names six
Two schools have a recruiting edge with Brown. Connecticut has signed his cousin Jalen Adams as a 2015 prospect, and Boston College is in Browns hometown.

This post was edited on 1/18 8:53 PM by the Blades

Another offer went out Sunday:

Evan Daniels[/B]@

Samuel Mathias and Tyrique Jones picked up offers from Kevin Ollie and Connecticut today, per Vermont Academy

coach Alex Popp.
Jones is 6-7/235 and 2016 target, who is originally from the Hartford area( Bloomfield HS).
Tyrique Jones - 247Sports

The only good news we had this week from our hoops program was Jalen Adams taking home MVP honors and Enoch having himself an impressive day. Twitter was abuzz with Enoch's energetic performance and his stock is back on the rise.

We need to add one more recruit to next year's class and it was be a really nice haul. Adams seems like the real deal and Enoch may be able to help out more initially than we may have thought. If we whiff on Stone then adding a guy like Bruce Brown, if were to reclassify, would serve as an adequate consolation

This post was edited on 1/19 1:15 PM by Silk31

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT