ADVERTISEMENT

Isaiah Whaley is the Worst Finisher at the Rim

Whaley is like a Golden Retriever I used to have.
He chases the orange ball around like his life depends on it.
Once he gets the orange ball he's so excited he doesn't know what to do with it.

DH plays the retriever 37 minutes!!!!!!!!
GET PEOPLE ON THE FLOOR THAT CAN PUT THE ORANGE BALL IN THE ROUND BASKET!!!!!!!!

If DH cannot get this team to the tourney, Bouk injury or not, its a FAILURE

Do better DH

NOW

Whaley is like a Golden Retriever I used to have.
He chases the orange ball around like his life depends on it.
Once he gets the orange ball he's so excited he doesn't know what to do with it.

DH plays the retriever 37 minutes!!!!!!!!
GET PEOPLE ON THE FLOOR THAT CAN PUT THE ORANGE BALL IN THE ROUND BASKET!!!!!!!!

If DH cannot get this team to the tourney, Bouk injury or not, its a FAILURE

Do better DH

NOW
Haha. Nice. Just curious - Now? or what? He's not going anywhere nor should he. We all want to get to the postseason and we will get there. Defensively he's there (IW), rebounding, blocks, hedging on D - no big on the team does what he does defensively (assume Akok will but we havent seen him this year)....offensively he's a work-in-progress. Not sure who you plug in for him. Sanogo is developing and takes some minutes of course. Carlton is a back-up 5 on any team, 10 minutes, maybe some games where he's a good matchup he gets more. Springs just not ready. Akok's been hurt. IMHO IW has been huge for the huskies. From where he was to where he is now is crazy. If he were coming out of h.s. now Uconn wouldn't be recruiting him. That's a testament to him and to HCDH. That's off the subject but i love this dude and he gives everything he has when he's out there. He deserves our respect. I get it - it's not optimal - but HCDH is in year 3 so none of his recruits are seniors yet. It will happen. Sorry to ramble - had some downtime and thought i'd give my 1 cent. And, my response is only my opinion and with respect to your opinion of course.

Reactions: permit22
Since everyone loves Whaley and wants to send updates game by game, let’s examine todays performance shall we??

Isiah had one for the ages folks!

It was his 7th straight game logging 30+ minutes and it was another classic.

He managed to score 2 points, pulled in 2 rebounds, and somehow got 2 assists.

That’s right, it was a 2-2-2 game!!!!!!

His man helps off him every time. Inevitably the ball gets kicked out to him where he is wide open. It results in nothing.

He’s no longer being used to set screens either. His contribution on offense is literally ZERO.

For 30+ minutes a game we play 4 against 5 on offense.

Have you heard of Beyond Meat?? Whaley on offense is Beyond Awful!!

On the other end he was abused by Mamukelashvili

Please keep posting how much you love Isiah Whaley because he tries really hard and deserves respect

It amuses me

I suppose my anger should be redirected at Hurley for giving a completely incapable offensive player this many minutes.

Stop the madness DH

Spot on Calhoun.....SPOT ON. He's just one issue with this team though. I'm seeing all this positive talk about Gaff's game today but 2 assists from your PG is a disgrace. We had 9 assists today with Cole and Gaff with 2 each. THIS IS TERRIBLE

Whaley is a great kid. Love his energy but he's lost. Carlton is LOST.....DH has no clue what he is doing without Bouk. I do think he will figure it out.....but this is the big leagues for DH and he has NEVER been in the BE rebuilding a team. This is not Rhode Island....you are going to get beat when you roll out Whaley/Carlton/Gaff/Cole playing like this. Just a fact.

I think it was great to see Jackson out there. I think he will be special and of course I love Sanogo's potential but this team is LOST.

Adams is GONE. I really like him, want to see him be confident again but I think Gaff and Cole ball hogging kills a kick out guy like Adams. Tyler has gone back to being Tyler and just a guy who goes missing for most of the game. SAD SAD SAD

I do think DH is the right guy.....I know Bouk is the key here....but DH was right in that we need to figure out a way to win a couple games to stay afloat until he returns.....the rest of that statement should be " or we are not a post season team"

They have 1 Quad 1 victory. 1
And I will remind people that 1 was miraculous
UCONN did not score a single point in the last 8 minutes of that game

There is no progress being made

I sense a good showing in the Big East tournament might be needed to get invited to the NCAA tournament, and it's not even clear if there will be a Big East tournament. UConn needs games and wins.

Watching UVA who plays 2 bigs who can shoot the lights out (Huff and Houser)
We play Whaley 30 minutes a game paired with either Carlton or Sanogo.

SMH

I apologize to IW
Best game of his life in the biggest game of the season! Way to go

He even rocked a devastating baseline drop step that completely fooled the defender but.....he missed the uncontested layup LOL

The 2 big combo with Sanogo won the game.
I wasn't believing it while it was happening but it happened.

Win Saturday and IN

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT