ADVERTISEMENT

Home game @ Fenway Park ???

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
So much for the love fest after the coaching changes ... your trying to build up your season ticket base and you give away an actual rivalry game( not some BS Civil Conflict ) in East Hartford to the Red Sox @ Fenway Park ?????? Dave no amount of money from the Red Sox is worth what you just did to the fans...... we waited 12 years to get BC @ home in this series and just like that you sign it away......

yeah not a huge fan of this... especially since it's a few miles from BC's campus, but apparently the money is really good. And we need money, just a reality of our conference situation.

Reactions: UconNell
yeah not a huge fan of this... especially since it's a few miles from BC's campus, but apparently the money is really good. And we need money, just a reality of our conference situation.
Anyone who he's trying to sell season tickets to is not going to be a fan of this, so it's short sighted at best....remember when Notre Dame wanted a "Home and Home" with 4 games @ South Bend and 2 each in Boston and the Meadowlands ? and BC is no Notre Dame ... The series was cancelled and it was a bigger issue even outside the school and AD politically in CT, where the State of CT who built the Rent had a big problem with it... don't know if Benedict has thought this through all the angles.

That happened under different circumstances, in the Big East, obviously a lot has changed. But yes, doing for BC what we wouldn't for Notre Dame is bad. That said, all the players are different and the landscape has changed significantly.

In a way the landscape has changed but not really, except that his season ticket base is all going in the wrong direction. That's what this is about and now DB has to talk out of both sides of his mouth....Warde had Michigan (2013) on the schedule when the Big East was over and Uconn was in the American, did he buckle and sell the
game or take a buyout ? No and it saved the base from declining faster than it would of....this is a massive fail that only ticket buying patrons of the program
( those of us that are left, or now.... that are maybe willing to re-up) would understand...

C1bqIIDUAAAgfFp.jpg

Last edited:
So much for the love fest after the coaching changes ... your trying to build up your season ticket base and you give away an actual rivalry game( not some BS Civil Conflict ) in East Hartford to the Red Sox @ Fenway Park ?????? Dave no amount of money from the Red Sox is worth what you just did to the fans...... we waited 12 years to get BC @ home in this series and just like that you sign it away......

You have to understand something that is not an easy concept to grasp. UCONN is desperate for money. Think of it like this Rutgers is getting something like 30 million dollars from the big ten network and I believe that UCONN is getting 2 million from their contract? The school needs money to have the athletic programs survive. It is just a sad fact.

I completely understand this Blen, but season tix !!! Sometimes I feel like we have way to many internet/TV fans and not enough that pay for seats......one offs don't help this and don't last...so all I'm saying is there is a balance and trust me one is the negative of the other when your attendance is tanking. And this is from someone who rented a bunch of large CT venues for one offs and sold out my own venue for years with lines out the door...

I'm just saying it's short sighted. Do you know the amount of people who bought Uconn FB season tix because of the home schedule( Michigan) in 2013 ? Thousands .... so there is a balance to all of this besides the competitive aspect of a home game.

But I reserve final judgement for 2 reasons b4 we hear all the details...one is this isn't public yet so we don't know the effect and terms to actual season tix holders who are the backbone of anything Uconn FB does going forward financially. If it now costs me $150 to see a game at Fenway that should cost me $30/35 @ the Rent, maybe me and tons of others pack it in with our season tix. Not only that but Uconn loses the hundreds of dollars in required donations( x how many ? ) that go along with each season tix.
Then we just go about cherry picking games or for half price on the secondary market like 16,000 fans that used to buy seasons tix do now...... So how does that help the money base in the long run ?....the other variable could be that Benedict doesn't believe this game has any value to the fanbase in terms of sales, especially if Uconn tanks another season, so he's selling it high now rather than having a dead Rentschler Field with a 2-8 team in November.

Last edited:
Well here's the official details except without the most important one.......

How much is it going to cost a Uconn season ticket holder for this $35 or so ticket now that Fenway controls the tickets ? It could start looking better but Uconn
obviously just de-valued their own season ticket packages ( and the mandatory donations they get from them) with this.

"Ticket sales for this event will be handled by the Fenway group, but UConn football season ticket holders, as well as UConn students,
will have first priority on purchase of the school allotment of tickets, with information to be made available in the very near future."

Last edited:
Well I guess the full detail$ are out. Uconn does control more of the venue at about 22,000 seats. But as I questioned above, not a complete body slam and better than I thought it could be.... but the cost of this game for Uconn season ticket holders still has about doubled, now that Fenway owns it. Tickets cost $72 and $54. For more information, call 877-288-2666.
Edsall Gets Good Look At Fenway Park In Anticipation Of Nov. 18 Game Vs. BC

Also here's the venue allotment layout:
C-SqMIqW0AA24T3.jpg:large

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT