Head Coach Scott Burrell

Discussion in 'UConn Basketball' started by the Blades, Aug 7, 2017.

1. the Blades

the Blades Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

New interview with Scotty who's now the HC @ D-2 Southern after spending 8 years in his hometown of Hamden at Quinnipiac with Tom Moore ( now an assistant at URI with Dan Hurley). Scotty must of saw the handwriting on the wall and left the Q before Moore got canned.

His inaugural season @ SCSU was a success at 24-8 and he qualified for the NCAA's 2 years in a row. For the young fans who don't remember him, he was the first American athlete picked in the first round of two major sports (the NBA and MLB). It should be interesting to see if he moves up the coaching ranks given his extensive background. Sharp guy as always....maybe JC handed off the Uconn job to the wrong ex-Huskie ?

1 the Blades, Aug 7, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  2. andersonfro

andersonfro Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

As far as I can tell JC made one consistent mistake throughout the course of his career, he gave too many chances to kids who didn't have the capacity to succeed and he did the same in naming his successor. We've got a couple former Huskies to keep an eye on. Pikiell and Burrell are definitely on interesting trajectories.

3. Afghusky15

Afghusky15 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Always great to see any and all Huskies doing well!

4. CaNOLEE

CaNOLEE Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I'm sold.

5. KhalidShockedTheWorld

KhalidShockedTheWorld Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

He is a possible coach in waiting. Have no idea who that dude Wu is but he wasn't well prepared for the interview. Anyone who is a UConn fan of that era knows Scott played minor league baseball. The Wu kid is amateur hour compared to Roy Firestone or even Jimmy Rome.

5 KhalidShockedTheWorld, Aug 7, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  6. CaNOLEE

CaNOLEE Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I've seen a few interviews with current and former uconn players by that kid and he's ' turrible', as Charles Barkley would say. Somehow, he gets good guests. I believe he was a uconn student(notice I didn't say grad).

Burrell won a ring with Jordan and was a multiple sport star. Plus he's articulate and has a good sense of humor. Make this happen.

the Blades likes this.
  7. the Blades

the Blades Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Yeah... that's what he mentioned in a video he did with Mamadou last year, he also grew up in Queens & went to middle school with Taliek: