ADVERTISEMENT

Great interview with KO

What does he have to say that's great ? I'm not downloading I-tunes or do you have a link strait to the audio ?

Last edited:
One thing KO is good at is spitting out feel-good soundbites and platitudes. However they don't mean anything unless backed up by wins.

Reactions: the Blades
One thing KO is good at is spitting out feel-good soundbites and platitudes. However they don't mean anything unless backed up by wins.
I would say it another way........ unless he's winning he's actually a pretty bland and boring speaker. Like he just parroting things and cliches he's heard all his life but he
certainly doesn't add anything insightful.

What does he have to say that's great ? I'm not downloading I-tunes or do you have a link strait to the audio ?

Not sure if there is another link.

Some quick cliff notes:

1) KO talked about growing up in southern Cal and growing up in a tough neighborhood. He grew up around drugs and gangs but knew from an early age he was not interested in that and wanted to go college, he wanted something different.

2) He didn't want to go to college on the west coast didn't want to go to UCLA or USC, he wanted to be a trailblazer and that along with how much his mother liked Jim Calhoun led him to choose UConn.

3) Baron Davis was the hardest player he had to guard in the NBA

4) Larry Brown and Pittino were the hardest coaches he had to coach against.

5) When KO joined the 76ers he was nervous about how AI would accept him because those went at against each other in the BigEast, but first day AI came up to him and gave him a big hug.

6) AI wanted to play the entire game, so anytime KO went in for 2 min, AI would be upset and KO joked come on man its just two minutes.

7) KO is excited about this year, said all the guys are hungry and working hard.

8) Bazz, Niels, and Olander were the only players in the entire history of college bball to win a championship in their freshman and senior years.

9) When KO was playing for the CT pride he was playing in the Armory and it made him appreciate those guys who sacrifice themselves for the country, and every time he drives by the Armory on 84 west he honks his horn, that time there made him who he is today.

This wasn't an order. There was a ton more so if you can I would recommend the listen.

Reactions: the Blades
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT