ADVERTISEMENT

Geno adds 5th commit for 2020

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
Mir McLean ( profile)......5-11....5 star...Owings Mills, MD.....#32 and fourth ranked wing by

ESPN Scouting-
Boo Williams Invitational-April 2019: Ultra-athletic prospect that cleans the glass, jumps over defenders and finishes plays with acrobatic flair in the paint; superb in the key, goes to work off missed shots and yields results; perhaps the most athletic prospect in the class of 2020. (Olson)

Last edited:
Reactions: CaNOLEE
Sounds a lot like Ashley Battle. Geno has always been fond of the Uber athletic tweeners (more recently Gabby Williams in the same mold).

Heard Gabby as a comp, however, I doubt this kid has Williams play making ability/court vision.

But athleticism and rebounding are always welcome. Sounds like a girl that may finish as a top 10 recruit if she cam improve her shooting.

Geno adds a center for 2020 (the sister of Wenyen Gabriel who played at Kentucky)
...they now have 2 guards (Paige Bueckers and Nika Muhl) and wing/forward (Mir McLean )

Piath Gabriel....6-5...C........Branford Christian Academy, NH
( also like her shout out to the former Husky and her schools AD Scott Hazelton)

Last edited:
#4 ...Geno adds a center for 2020 (the sister of Wenyen Gabriel who played at Kentucky)
Piath Gabriel....6-5...C......Branford Christian Academy, NH
( also like her shout out to the former Husky and her schools AD Scott Hazelton)

JI's article on Geno's latest recruit: Gabriel's journey takes her to Storrs

" Piath Gabriel isn’t ranked among the top 100 players in the Class of 2020 by the folks at ESPNHoopgurlz.... But a number that tells more is the number of quality women’s college basketball programs that offered....Among the other offers she had were from Louisville, Tennessee, North Carolina, Ohio State, West Virginia, and Miami-Florida. "..... Plus comments from: Gabriel’s high school and AAU coach Scott Hazelton....who played his first two years of college basketball at UConn under Hall of Fame coach Jim Calhoun

Last edited:
Aaliyah Edwards ....6-3...F......( 5- star - #26 ranking)....Kingston, Ontario, CAN

EHq5icUXYAAEJUL.jpg:large

Geno decided that losing in the final four stinks and he better start recruiting again. ;)

Landing Fudd for 2021 would be amazing.

Reactions: the Blades
"Edwards rounds out a promising recruiting class that includes No. 1 recruit combo guard Paige Bueckers, wing Mir McLean (No. 21), highly touted Croatian point guard Nika Muhl and recent commit Piath Gabriel, a three-star center. Edwards was able to spend time with the other three commits when they were all on campus for First Night......Edwards says she emulates her game off Candace Parker’s (“she’s really versatile, dynamic, kind of an in-and-out player, which is what I am as well"), though her favorite player is Kobe Bryant, for his relentlessness and grit."

I watched a video of Paige on the other site, holy cow! The court vision and passing is going to be fun to watch the next 3/4 years with her, Ania, Muhl and I’m assuming Westbrook is solid having played PG.

Btw, the 2020 class is supposed to be the first mega class in awhile. The one that gets us back to the top.

But would anyone be surprised if Ania or Griffin become AA’s by the time they leave? I won’t. I’ll actually be surprised if they don’t.

Ania and Griffin are excellent players. To me both are as good as advertised. Ania Makurat is UConn’s best foreign import since Svetlana Abrosomova. Ania appears to me to be a little bit bigger and stronger than Svet was. She is also more of a team player. Svet was an unusual European and there was a certain wildness and creativeness in her game. I think Ania plays more the style Geno wants and she will butt heads with Geno less than Svet did. Her first couple years Svet could really score (had a great handle for her size), but took lots of bad shots out of the flow of the offense and Geno would frequently yank her and ask her what the hell she was thinking. And she would yap back at him but then take her seat on the bench. Those were interesting exchanges. Ania seems much calmer.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT