ADVERTISEMENT

Game week- Virginia ( Sat -12 noon )

Fuller's Blog mentions :

Q. With UConn's game getting cancelled last week, have you had to rely more on last year's Maryland tapes and your personal knowledge of playing UConn than anything you've been able to see this year?

Bronco Mendenhall:
What I've done at least from my standpoint as more of a defensive-emphasis coach, it's relying some more on Auburn. That's where their offensive coordinator has come from. So, what I saw in game one against Holy Cross, and Holy Cross played really well in that game. Did a nice job defensively. But I've seen some similarities between what UConn did in week one to what Auburn has done. So I think that's the genesis of their offensive coordinator. That's where he learned under Gus Malzahn. So I think that would be probably a safer bet than where the head coach came from in this case. That's normal for any -- unless the head coach is a coordinator on one side, it's really more tracking where the coordinators are coming from, much like their defensive coordinator at Villanova. If I remember correctly. So, it would be for our offensive staff, it's probably more looking at that. Again, unless the head coach is a coordinator.

DJh80DAUEAAwxO9.jpg

Key from Fuller- Uconn's OL have got to get the job done vs. Virginia:

This just about sums it up .....with 5 freshman and a soph on the 2 deep as DB's, they can't keep getting burned for long TD's liked they did vs.UVA and expect to win.........

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT