ADVERTISEMENT

Former Uconn recruit and CT prep star transfering

Interestingly I am an FP graduate and I saw him more than a few times in high school. He has a similar game to Amida Brimah, but is taller, and not as athletic. Like Brimah, he has a weak lower body, and his legs looked like spindles. He might even be weaker than Brimah, I would like to see those two head to head, it would be an interesting matchup.

I saw him have a 10 blocked shot game in high school. What I heard was that he went to PC because the son of his host family, who was his teammate at FP, chose to attend PC. Obviously it did not work out for him at PC for whatever reason. FP went to the LL finals two straight years with Chukwu, losing to Hillhouse one year and then blowing a game to Bridgeport Central the next. I saw the game against Hillhouse and FP was solidly defeated. Hillhouse clamped down on Prep defensively and they could not hit any outside shots. FP was lacking in athleticism both years, which was too bad because they had not really sniffed a title since the late 1970s when they had Chris Cummings and a very large frontline. They went to the LL finals and lost to Northwest Catholic if I recall correctly in 1978 or 1979.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT