ADVERTISEMENT

For the WBB fans: Uconn adds a 6-6 center from Duke

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
Duke's Azurá Stevens Plans To Join UConn Women

The Raleigh, N.C. native will be forced to sit out the 2016-17 season due to NCAA transfer rules and will have two years of eligibility remaining beginning with the 2017-18 season. Stevens was honored as an All-ACC first-team selection following the 2015-16 season after averaging team highs of 18.9 points and 9.6 rebounds per game.

Next year is the year to win a ring if your not named Uconn. Because the following two seasons will be business as usual.

That being said, I still wouldn't concede next year.

That article doesn't say why she transferred from Duke, or whether UConn recruited her out of high school- I recall UConn going hard for the girl who is now at South Carolina. Her stats are eye popping - 18 points and almost 10 boards a game. No wonder Geno was receptive to her contact.

Dook is a dumpster fire, lots of transfers (Omar Calhoun's sister left too) and what used to be a top 5-10 program and now doesn't make NCAA tournaments, which on the women's side, is mind-boggling. Coach there is in big trouble. I'm sure UConn recruited her the first time. It was thought she'd end up at South Carolina.

A'Ja Wilson is the girl from South Carolina you were thinking of that UConn wanted bad, she was national POY her senior season in HS. Beast. Amazing pickup to get stud interior player who was all ACC early in her career.

Reactions: UconNell
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT