ADVERTISEMENT

FB at the Big House vs. Michigan, Sat, Sept 17

Wow I knew he had been away from FB team at some point, but it was never publicly mentioned why.....best wishes and lotsa respect on all the work to get back. Now on the 2 deep as a TE. The OL had weighed less than 200lbs after his medical scare.

" Then, less than a month after last season ended, in December, Brown knew something was seriously wrong. He’d struggled to keep food down and was having trouble maintaining his weight as a lineman. After a critical emergency hospital visit in Hartford, Brown learned he’d been dealing with lower intestinal issues that had progressively gotten worse over time."

"He underwent an emergency surgery to untangle his lower intestines that had become intertwined, and because of complications, he had another surgery two days later. Scared, he spent two and a half weeks in the hospital. His family was able to come up from Maryland after his first surgery and stayed with him until he could go back home."

Last edited:
So KSTW, who do you got ?.... do you take Michigan and lay the 47.5 points ? They've beaten Colorado St. by 44 and Hawaii by 46.....So far Michigan is 1-1 vs. the spread.... Uconn is 2-1, but the Utah St. betting line by Vegas proved to be way off.

I would say it's a hard call on that line. Michigan has a great team. The Michigan press seems to think it's up to Michigan to name the score, but some of their writers think it's in JJ McCarthy's interest to keep the score reasonably close and keep the whining Cade McNamara's ass on the bench (QB controversy although it seems like Harbaugh likes McCarthy):
I personally like Jim Harbaugh and think he is a great coach. I will never forget when he was Bears QB and went off script a lot because he believed he was smarter than the Bears coaches, and Mike Ditka responded to the off script insubordination by grabbing Harbaugh's helmet by the face guard, yanking it towards him and then screaming at Harbaugh. Harbaugh seems to enjoy keeping his QBs on edge but also seems to know what he is doing.

Last edited:
Reactions: the Blades
I would say it's a hard call on that line. Michigan has a great team. The Michigan press seems to think it's up to Michigan to name the score, but some of their writers think it's in JJ McCarthy's interest to keep the score reasonably close and keep the whining Cade McNamara's ass on the bench (QB controversy although it seems like Harbaugh likes McCarthy):
Yeah, regarding back-ups. In one sided games like Michigan has played so far (56-10 and 51-7), it's almost like how soon do they take out the starters and then put in the 2's on depth chart, etc., that's what your really betting against.

I'm hoping that like you mentioned in the Cuse thread, that it's even watchable by half time. But by the way MIchigan has been playing this year ( #1 in scoring in the nation), the odds are against it.

Uconn Game notes-
Uconn depth chart-

Last edited:
I would not get too wound up about the game as you may be turning it off in disgust before the end of the 1st quarter. Unfortunately, I cannot see any of it, good or bad, because my sister is visiting Connecticut for a week and she wants to take a trip to some winery in Wallingford. So while UConn is playing this game I will be at some winery tasting room which probably will not have any TV. Fortunately Blades, I can rely on you for an honest and blunt game recap. I hope there are some bright spots in it.

I would not get too wound up about the game as you may be turning it off in disgust before the end of the 1st quarter. Unfortunately, I cannot see any of it, good or bad, because my sister is visiting Connecticut for a week and she wants to take a trip to some winery in Wallingford. So while UConn is playing this game I will be at some winery tasting room which probably will not have any TV. Fortunately Blades, I can rely on you for an honest and blunt game recap. I hope there are some bright spots in it.
Crazy thing is last time Uconn played em' at the Big House, I couldn't turn it off either way. I went out to Ann Arbor for that one on Labor day week-end in 2010 and Uconn lost 30-10 IIRC. But it was alot closer than the score, with Uconn fumbling once on the 2 yd line at the end of the first half and missing out on another Red zone chance. That season did turn around with Uconn winning the Big East and heading to the Fiesta bowl ( I went to also).

Michigan at home a few years later was a tough loss with them getting 3 scores at the end when Pasqualoni was here, for a 24-21 win. I remember Warde Manual gave Derek Jeter ( a big UM fan) his sky box. I guess you have to keep the big shots happy, LOL!

Just saw this... with Uconn's speed backs out, Brewton ( for the year) and now Houston, the CT true FR is switching from DB.

Last edited:
Blades, I can rely on you for an honest and blunt game recap. I hope there are some bright spots in it.
Well unwatchable by halftime it is.....There were none, but there was plenty of anything you can do wrong Uconn has done. Missed tackles everywhere, fumbled to Michigan in the red zone, and then gave it to em' again in the red zone on a blocked Uconn punt, missed about 5 tackles to give up a 60- yd PR, won't throw a vertical pass, but they love to throw bubble passes to the sideline with 4-5 Michigan tacklers all over the WR...........should I go on ?....OH and Carter got hurt, SMH !

Last edited:
Good question ( by Matt) because these ( P-5 ) teams don't suck as bad as Uconn has since Diaco and Edsall 2.0 ran Uconn FB into the ground...( also #6 Oklahoma beat Nebraska 49-14.)

Last edited:
And the result of all those injuries at QB, WR and RB was 110 yards of total offense by UConn. 24 yards passing and 2.6 yards per carry of rushing offense. This stinks big time! And the truth is that Michigan was merciful, and only had McCarthy throw 18 passes (of which he completed 15- 83%)

And the result of all those injuries at QB, WR and RB was 110 yards of total offense by UConn. 24 yards passing and 2.6 yards per carry of rushing offense. This stinks big time! )
Fire the OC and his won't go vertical/bubble screen offense that the opposing D just loads up the box on.....SMH!.....( I kid, I kid...I think, but maybe not, probably nothing would work vs. these guys, but what do you have to lose ?)

But this nothing new ! We've seen it over and over and over. Every coach who comes to Uconn starts out with big talk, but then refuses to do anything but try to play boring grind it out, run some clock so you really won't get stomped FB ...... And trust me it neeeeever does anything but makes things worse !! Have some balls and dare to be different than every other one of these frauds on the Uconn HC carousel.

or NOEL Mazzone where are YOU !! .....You and Phommachanh are the only ones that've looked like modern FB instead of this predictable, scared and pathetic offense that is taking over once again... from Deleone & PP to Diaco to Edsall 2.0 and now this guy... your offense sucks !..............Rugby scrums and sideline passes, SMH! ...Let me know if this is the offense going forward, so I can be sure to stay home !!!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT