ADVERTISEMENT

Fall camp notes and tweets

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
"Jim Mora knows exactly how long it's been since he coached his last football game. "I had not coached on a football field since Nov. 18, 2017," the UConn football coach recalled instantly. "We (UCLA) played USC in the Coliseum and the next morning, I got fired." And he knows exactly how long it will be until he coaches his next one – that will be on Aug. 27, 2022, at 4 p.m., when UConn opens the 2022 season at Utah State. "

"I know exactly how long it's been since I got to come out and get ready for a game, and it's awesome," Mora said. "I feel it's what I was built to do – be a father, be a brother, be a son, be a husband, be a friend and be a coach. That's it for me."....So Friday, on the first day of UConn's fall camp, Mora was close to being the first person on the practice field......"I did come up here early because I did want some time," he said. "It is special for me. It is emotional for me to have the chance to do this again – especially here."

But as he oversaw a three-hour practice on Friday, Mora had no more time for nostalgia and emotion. Clearly, there is a lot of work to be done over the next four weeks to get the Huskies ready.

FULL READ-

also-

Word is academics, which Kevon has had issues with throughout his time @ Uconn.

Last edited:
I've updated the roster with numbers and position clarifications in this link-

2022 Uconn FB Roster

Nick Harris move is confirmed from DL to TE. Jack Stewart from Michigan is listed as an OL ( played DL in Ann Arbor). Freshman Prince Samuels, Donovan Branch, Nathan Voorhis all listed as LB's. Also 3 newly added in state PWO's (?) . Hunter Clark (LB from Greenwich), Owen DeSilva (TE, Trumbull) and Bruno Perlicki (P/K, Shelton).

ADVERTISEMENT