ADVERTISEMENT

Evansville Stuns #1 Kentucky, 67 -64

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
Kentucky was a 25 point favorite, at home, but goes down!!!! Evansville is coached by Walter McCarty, who played for Rick Pitino at UK and was part of the 1996 UK championship team.

Last edited:
Funny thing is the NHR's Borges was a voter who didn't fall for the party line and take a ride on the UK #1 train, now he gets to gloat a little:

Last edited:
And if Duke replaces them as #1 they will not deserve to be #1 either. Duke has some good athletes and is very good on D, but they are way below standard offensively for any Duke team I have seen. It's going to be an interesting season. Another game of note to UConn fans is that Florida lost over the weekend by 12 on their homecourt to FSU, which dominated Florida defensively. A lot of people thought Florida was the best team in the SEC, and some still do, but that loss could take some steam out of UConn beating them on Sunday, although still much TBD with both teams.

This could be one of those seasons where a lot of different teams play musical chairs with the #1 ranking.

And if Duke replaces them as #1 they will not deserve to be #1 either. Duke has some good athletes and is very good on D, but they are way below standard offensively for any Duke team I have seen. It's going to be an interesting season. Another game of note to UConn fans is that Florida lost over the weekend by 12 on their homecourt to FSU, which dominated Florida defensively. A lot of people thought Florida was the best team in the SEC, and some still do, but that loss could take some steam out of UConn beating them on Sunday, although still much TBD with both teams.

This could be one of those seasons where a lot of different teams play musical chairs with the #1 ranking.
It's like the Uconn WBB team, they have them in the top 5 because of pedigree, but I wouldn't be surprised if they lose the next game to Vanderbilt...:rolleyes:

Guys.....just to let you know that I DID make a deal with Jesus that if he let UK lose that I would give up the St. Joe's game. Sorry, had to do it........and today it still feels worth it.

UConn women comparison is decent but UConn actually has a coach that wins titles.....UK is a joke and doesnt have a shot to win a title with Calapari especially not now when Coach K has embraced the one and done. Cal is terrible and I love it now that the one and dones he gets are the most mentally weak. AD gave him a title which in normal universes would have already been vacated but with the state of the NCAA these days I think the days of Cal's cheating being outed is next to none.

Reactions: permit22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT