ADVERTISEMENT

Eric Cobb Suspended Indefinitely

aman kidwai

Staff
Apr 28, 2015
We have been told that Eric Cobb is suspended indefinitely due to a non-legal, team-related incident. He didn't play in the second half of the UConn-ECU game, though we are not sure if that is related. UConn did not respond to a request for comment.

Whatever, he brings basically nothing but turnovers to the table.

I thought he would be good when I saw him in the preseason. He has above average handling and passing skills for a man his size but seemed foul and turnover prone. Although he might be the most skilled of a weak group of big man it really hasn’t translated and he hasn’t scored the ball.

To me it’s a bad sign. The team has played horrible basketball and now they are down two scholarship players. I don’t think Onuorah played against ECU either so basically Carlton and Whaley are the bigs. I am wondering if Ollie is slowly losing the team. I can’t see the team finishing with a winning record.

I remember when they announced this supposed 3-star, a link to a thread from the South Carolina board circulated. It was many posts of people trying to remember a worse basketball player than Eric Cobb.

This is who Kevin Ollie is bringing to help the frontline.
No talent utter wastes of a scholarship like Corn on the Cobb

I saw Cobb quite a bit in HS. An assistant coach at Arlington Country Day hyped me on Cobb for 2 seasons. I never, ever thought he was a high major prospect.

Motor was on and off, skills were just average imo.

To clarify his skills were average when he decided he wanted to play. When he was having one of those bad motor games his skills were below average. I also questioned his work ethic.

The only positive thing I can say about the kids is that while he was at South Carolina he transformed his body. I saw a picture of them and couldn't believe it was him he look really good.

I forgot Connecticut took him as a transfer from Chipola.

Although I see some skills in this kid he did not really produce. I thought for a while he was the most skilled big on the team.

I wonder what insults he hurled at KO during this “heated argument”? There is no excuse for that but still it doesn’t bode well for how the players really feel about KO. Exit interviews at end of season could be interesting!!

Reactions: the Blades
Interesting that he was suspended for a month and Terry was thrown out of practice both for challenging coach. Kevin is definitely demanding respect

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT