ADVERTISEMENT

Edsall Complains Of Damage Done By Pasqualoni and Diaco

https://www.nhregister.com/uconn/article/UConn-s-Randy-Edsall-bemoans-the-state-program-13221592.php

He is trying to tamp down expectations. I think everyone now knows the damage was done, the question now is, what is Edsall going to do to fix and repair the damage?
Good call, Diaco said the same thing about rebuilding Pasqualoni's mess... blah, blah, blah...but all he did was "recruit nothing" on defense ( his supposed specialty) and throw more gas on a dumpster fire....I'll give Randy credit for 2 things. He was a cheap hire( huge factor with the current AD $ issues) and he's done it before with literally no facilities. But while playing in a BCS conference, which was an easier sell to recruits. Problem is....is that the AAC is a tougher FB conference than the old Big East despite the non BCS/ Power 5 window dressing which is a bogus title to begin with. There are probably about 20-30 FB schools in the P5 that deserve that title, while the rest of them are no better than the top AAC FB programs and are just playing for a pay check while being mediocre to terrible.....

Last edited:
The fact that the AAC is a tougher football conference than the old Big East should make it easier to recruit for Edsall than in his first stint. Hopefully he can. I agree that he was a “value signing” as HC, which is important now with legislative funding to UConn having dropped precipitously since 2010 and Kevin Ollie likely to get a 7 figure payout to go away at some point in time.

https://www.nhregister.com/uconn/article/UConn-s-Randy-Edsall-bemoans-the-state-program-13221592.php
He is trying to tamp down expectations. I think everyone now knows the damage was done, the question now is, what is Edsall going to do to fix and repair the damage?
Jacobs fires back:
"Is he feeling internal pressure that we don’t know about? If so, what the hell? We can drill Edsall for bolting for Maryland in the middle of the night — heaven knows, we did — but he didn’t invent the next six losing seasons and empty the Rent.
Is he trying to give himself an even softer landing in case, gulp, the Huskies lose to FCS Rhode Island? If this W on the schedule turns into an L on the field, Edsall shouldn’t be looking at history. He should be looking in the mirror.....Since UConn became an FBS-level program in 2002, Edsall has never lost to a FCS team."

Just saw this retweet by @ManthonyCourant.....if this proves one thing it's that the AAC teams so far and Uconn's schedule makers( Warde?) haven't done Edsall any favors in terms of SOS.... Uconn comes in at the 11th toughest schedule in the country:

ADVERTISEMENT