ADVERTISEMENT

Early Signing Period updates

Josh Carlton said all the right things when he committed and I like his attitude. I just hope that he proves he is worth the scholarship he was offered. The University of Connecticut is a great institution and the men's basketball team is a great program. To be offered a scholarship like this is a major, major great opportunity for any young man and I just hope he shows he is worth the confidence placed in him. I think most of the other guys in the program embrace the opportunity they have been given to play at a great school in front of great and passionate and supportive fans. You want people who value the name on the jersey. And also play like they do.

Info on the WBB recruits:

All three will hold signing ceremonies at their respective high schools. Espinoza-Hunter's will be at Ossining (New York) High at 2 p.m., while Gordon will have her's at L.D. Bell High in Hurst, Texas, at 5 p.m. Coombs' ceremony at Wesleyan School in Norcross, Georgia, will be Thursday, though she said in a text message she will send in her signed letter Wednesday.

https://www.sny.tv/uconn/news/trio-of-2017-commits-set-to-sign-wednesday/208451144

Josh Carlton said all the right things when he committed and I like his attitude. I just hope that he proves he is worth the scholarship he was offered. The University of Connecticut is a great institution and the men's basketball team is a great program. To be offered a scholarship like this is a major, major great opportunity for any young man and I just hope he shows he is worth the confidence placed in him. I think most of the other guys in the program embrace the opportunity they have been given to play at a great school in front of great and passionate and supportive fans. You want people who value the name on the jersey. And also play like they do.
I think Josh Carlton will be a nice piece for UConn over the next four years. Initial reports were that he was a great passer out of the post and that he was long - given that bigs often develop late I think that's a good foundation to work with.

Also, here's an excerpt from a Scout article on prospects outside the top 100 that could surprise:

Bigs are always so hard to find and have a tendency to develop late. One player who could be hitting his potential at the right time is Josh Carlton. The big man from DeMatha Catholic has never had a huge role on either his high school or AAU team, but he has shown some good signs of improvement recently.

Carlton is big, mobile, and is showing more and more skill on the offensive end each month that goes by. He does nothing that totally stands out, but he does everything fairly well.

That combination of solid skill with a big body and room to improve has some thinking that Carlton will thrive and eventually be a very good starter in the Connecticut program, and someone who could attract significant potential maybe not in the NBA, but to have a long career playing basketball for good money.

If I am not mistaken Mikayla Coombs attended the same high school (Norcross) which sent Jeremy Lamb to UConn.

Last edited:
From Tyler Polley's instagram:
Can't believe this day here.. To God be the glory. Just signed my LOI with the best friends and teammates a person can ask for. I'm truly blessed to be apart of the UCONN family and cannot wait for what's ahead! #blessed #huskyup #godisgreat

Reactions: the Blades
No D-Ham drama surrounding the NLIs this year. Nice to see all of these guys truly committed to the program #TenToesIn

This all good news. Just close this class out and we should be top 5 again if not top 10 for sure

He's getting lots of pt anywhere he goes and that includes schools that would easily handle teams like Wagner

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT