ADVERTISEMENT

Donyell and one of his Asst coaches get a "time out"

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
CCSU says men's basketball coach Donyell Marshall won't coach exhibition game
Marshall and assistant coach Anthony Anderson “will be unavailable” for the game due to “a confidential personnel matter currently under investigation by the university,” . Sources confirmed that Marshall and Anderson got into a verbal disagreement after a practice this week.

Also noticed Donyell stepped up Central's schedule this year with games vs. Rutgers, Boston College, St. John's, DePaul and even have the AAC's East Carolina on the docket...hopefully he gets to keep coaching em'

2017-18 CCSU Men's Basketball Schedule

This sounds kind of serious to me........nobody is talking about it. Sounds like more than a run of the mill dispute between coaches which happens all the time.......

Just a FYI...Donyell's team takes on the AAC tonight on
Central-Connecticut-State.png
Central Connecticut State VS....
East-Carolina.png
ECU 7:00 p.m. Greenville, N.C. ESPN 3- Live Video

To me this is kind of a bizarre story because these kinds of disagreements between coaches are not unusual, but because there was “chest thumping” and physical contact the school likely felt it needed to act because it can’t send the message that physical contact of any kind between coaches or players is acceptable, and the players likely witnessed the dispute. It’s curious that the assistant coach is still on leave.

Reactions: the Blades
They could possibly beat UConn right now, at the very least give UConn a competitive game and not get hosed like they did in the past. Is Dickenmann involved in any way with the program officially or unofficially?

Interesting that Geno and Calhoun were both at the roast of Dickenmann. I did not know that Howie was the Godfather of Geno's son.

there hasn’t been this much excitement on the New Britain campus since the Hightower brothers & Richie Leonard roamed the halls for the Blue Devils! Wish them much success

ADVERTISEMENT