ADVERTISEMENT

Donovan Clingan- Best Games To See Him Play

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
If you guys want to check out Donovan Clingan in action before he heads to Storrs, The Register is recommending these games:

East Catholic vs. Bristol Central at Mohegan Sun Arena, Dec. 20, 8 p.m.: Bristol Central returns four starters, including 7-foot center Donovan Clingan, from a season that culminated in winning at East Catholic in overtime to win the CCC championship last March.

Bristol Central at Wilbur Cross (Floyd Little Athletic Center), Feb. 2, 8 p.m.: This will be a hot ticket assuming both programs come in ranked. Hillhouse vs. Windsor is the undercard (think about that for a minute).

Bristol Central vs. Windsor at XL Center, Hartford, Feb. 10, 7:30 p.m.: One of the future home floors for Clingan. Wonder how many of the Huskies’ season ticket holders might make the trip downtown?

If you guys want to check out Donovan Clingan in action before he heads to Storrs, The Register is recommending these games:
I'll make sure to get to the Windsor game, since that's where I played my HS ball and one of my friends from the neighborhood ( who was all-state) is still an assistant coach. Another one of my boys from back in the day, a 6-7 forward from Windsor, played for Jim Calhoun..... at Northeastern right before he took the Uconn job and was getting them to the NCAA's.

Looks like Windsor plays Clingan twice also on
Fri, 1/21
6:45pm
Bristol Central Mascot
Bristol Central
Of note, I noticed Uconn's ( CT FB player of the year), RB Victor Rosa, who signed with the Huskies yesterday, is also on the hoops team with Clingan.

Welcome to the Uconn 2022 commits (w/ DEC 15th signings )

Last edited:
Clingan scores 2,000th point:
He really should have played in Prep this year instead of vs. public schools because of the lack of size he goes up against normally . Windsor who has a good team (at 17-3) has great height for a public school with a 6-4 (#22 Uconn FB commit Prince Samuels ), a 6-6, a couple of 6-7 kids and a 6-9 kid but they're all well under 200lbs besides Samuels.

Clingan at about 7-1/ 260lbs. had no problem hangin' 51 against them recently. Also #3 for Bristol Central looks like a decent hoops player. Especially since Victor Rosa is primarily a FB player (the CT Gatorade player of the year) and will be another future Husky as a WR/RB who will be playing for Jim Mora.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT