ADVERTISEMENT

DeAndre/D-Ham update

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
Looks like DD signed with a second-tier Italian team. Example number XXX why you don't leave school early for the NBA draft if you aren't getting NBA money as a first rounder....Though in the good news dept .... I did see D-Ham's name is at least listed on the Oklahoma City Training Camp Roster

Daniels made a big mistake leaving early and so did D-Ham. They arent going to live hard lives for the next few years but real life for these two is coming sooner than later.

Real life will eventually happen for all basketball players. DeAndre's career reached its peak with the game he had against Iowa State in the sweet 16 of the 2014 NCAA Tournament. That was the best game he had while wearing a UConn uniform. He played out of his mind.

However, playing in Italy is not a bad gig. It's not huge money but he will do okay and absorb a new culture. He may even end up with an Italian wife. And you can do worse than the food in Italy. DeAndre will have lots of good homemade pastas. Let's not forget there are only 3 great cuisines in the world and Italian is one of them.

I reject the notion that any guy is somehow a failure because he is playing pro ball in Europe. He is a pro player and he will have a good life. Kobe Bryant's father played in Italy for many years and Kobe grew up there and learned his ball there. It's actually a great spot for DeAndre, not that Australia was bed.

Last edited:
Real life will eventually happen for all basketball players. DeAndre's career reached its peak with the game he had against Iowa State in the sweet 16 of the 2014 NCAA Tournament. That was the best game he had while wearing a UConn uniform. He played out of his mind.

However, playing in Italy is not a bad gig. It's not huge money but he will do okay and absorb a new culture. He may even end up with an Italian wife. And you can do worse than the food in Italy. DeAndre will have lots of good homemade pastas. Let's not forget there are only 3 great cuisines in the world and Italian is one of them.

I reject the notion that any guy is somehow a failure because he is playing pro ball in Europe. He is a pro player and he will have a good life. Kobe Bryant's father played in Italy for many years and Kobe grew up there and learned his ball there. It's actually a great spot for DeAndre, not that Australia was bed.

KSTW, this is a completely different discussion about seeing the world. I think it's great opportunity for all these ballers to travel the world and get paid. The failure part like I said before is about the financial decision. If your a borderline first rounder in today's NBA draft system, you don't sell your once in a lifetime "million dollar lottery ticket " on some hear say hype job that your crew/posse/agent is selling you and end up a 2nd rounder with no guaranteed contract for less than 10 cents on a dollar.

Europe/the World will always be there for any of these kids. But until the current system between the NCAA and the NBA is changed and they're forced
out once they choose wrong, a guy like Daniels is a major flop, with his timing. He had nothing to lose but a shot at millions of dollars by not coming back.

Bazz (3.88 Mil ), Marcus Williams( 4.3 Mil ), Hilton (9.5 mil) and Josh Boone( 5.4 mil) are the exact opposite of DeAndre. They made the jump into the draft
at the perfect time. And even when you end up enjoying the world because you don't stick long term in the NBA, like 3 of them have.... because they choose right,
they can afford to "buy a little pasta" for everyone ;) ....... they're also set financially for life as long as they're not stupid with those NBA millions.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT