ADVERTISEMENT

Corey Floyd Jr.

Dominicfrank

Aug 28, 2004
Looks like a good player. Brandon Adams type. Looks like a lock for UConn. Top 100 Rivals for 2022.

I don't understand how Rivals Crystal Ball works. They say UConn 100% and Rutgers 79%. That adds up to 179%. Not sure about that math. What I interpret that to mean is that the kid is warm on UConn and warm on Rutgers but only slightly more so on UConn.

247 has a usually solid Crystal Ball and they say he is warm on UConn and Rutgers but no percentages are offered:

247 has him at 110 and 125 on the composite rating. So he isn't top 100. He is being recruited as a Brendan Adams bench piece replacement it would seem.

Floyd played with Samson and Rahsool earlier this fall in the SLAM all star game that I linked in this thread: #31 SLAM NYC .....Corey's a powerfully built guard who had some nice moments with Johnson winning the MVP, so hopefully they did some recruiting as team mates. As I'm sure you read he's 2 years off but plans on announcing in a couple of weeks.

I don't understand how Rivals Crystal Ball works. They say UConn 100% and Rutgers 79%. That adds up to 179%. Not sure about that math. What I interpret that to mean is that the kid is warm on UConn and warm on Rutgers but only slightly more so on UConn.

247 has a usually solid Crystal Ball and they say he is warm on UConn and Rutgers but no percentages are offered:

247 has him at 110 and 125 on the composite rating. So he isn't top 100. He is being recruited as a Brendan Adams bench piece replacement it would seem.
Rivals doesn't have a Crystal Ball. Rivals analysts make FutureCast picks.

Fans who have a Rivals.com username and password may also predict commitments and compete against your fellow fans with FanFutureCast.

It appears that you are adding the percentages of the FutureCast picks to the FanFutureCast picks and getting a number greater than 100 percent. Don't do that.

I hope my explanation was helpful.

You may read about FanFutureCast in the link below:

OK thanks Russ. I am still not sure how "Future Cast picks" works and where those percentages come from. If it is percentages of the school being mentioned on a Rivals analyst's "scorecard" as a possible destination, then what I get is that all the analysts named UConn, but only 79% of the analysts saw Rutgers as a possible destination. Is that how it works? The 247 Crystal Ball is different. They come up with % out of 100 for a recruit to go to any particular school, like Rutgers 40% and UConn 60%. They employ a Swami to come up with those percentages, but it is not clear who he or she is. It is probably just one of their Recruiting Reporters and not a real life "all predictions" type Swami, but a specialized basketball Swami. Maybe even 247's equivalent employee in your position.

Last edited:
They employ a Swami to come up with those percentages, but it is not clear who he or she is.

the Swami says..............HAPPY NEW YEARS HUSKIES !

07ZEOFY.jpg

Last edited:

Correct but I refer to Rivals mostly for the rankings and they have him #96.

Reactions: Russ Wood
OK thanks Russ. I am still not sure how "Future Cast picks" works and where those percentages come from. If it is percentages of the school being mentioned on a Rivals analyst's "scorecard" as a possible destination, then what I get is that all the analysts named UConn, but only 79% of the analysts saw Rutgers as a possible destination. Is that how it works? The 247 Crystal Ball is different. They come up with % out of 100 for a recruit to go to any particular school, like Rutgers 40% and UConn 60%. They employ a Swami to come up with those percentages, but it is not clear who he or she is. It is probably just one of their Recruiting Reporters and not a real life "all predictions" type Swami, but a specialized basketball Swami. Maybe even 247's equivalent employee in your position.
Only one Rivals analyst or publisher made a FutureCast pick for Corey Floyd Jr. That pick was for Connecticut. So, at this point in time, 100 percent of his FutureCast picks are for Connecticut.

Currently 20 fans have made FanFutureCast picks for Corey Floyd Jr. and 15 of those 20 (75 percent) have been for Rutgers.

Btw, I am the Rivals analyst who made the FutureCast pick for Corey Floyd Jr. to Connecticut. For some reason Rivals has not changed me from publisher to analyst but that is a minor detail to me.

Thanks for the clarification Russ. So I guess you are the Rivals Swami. That's cool and I hope your Crystal Ball is working well as far as this kid goes, although he doesn't seem like a make or break recruit for UConn. Rivals has him rated higher than 247, although 247 is sometimes slow in updating their rankings.

247 has it in the bag for UConn but this kid is being recruited for Brendan Adams's spot on the roster. So it's not going to make or break UConn. I want to see what moves they make to get another big man for next year.

Just noticed...Jerry Meyer of 247..... added a Uconn CB, but also interesting that his father played for Providence in the 90's

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT