ADVERTISEMENT

Columbia

Lol CV with 4 3s only reason uconn isnt getting blown out and this moron KO has him behind Anderson on depth

What's really frightening is MD is keeping them in this game with his boards, and we already know he can only do that vs 6'5" white kids. Tulsa is going to crush this team.

It was a pretty awful defensive first half. Adams and Larrier, UConn's supposed two best players, are MIA and neither looked like he cared much. 2 POINTS EACH.

If UConn loses this game and this play continues vs. Monmouth I do believe KO will have to be fired. No need to wait for things to get any worse.

These guys seem to have quit, they don't seem like they believe in their game plan or their coach, just no fight, no scrap, no will to win. 2 guys rising to the challenge probably due to their character. As much garbage as I've talked about CV's lack of ability the kid is a classic Husky, MD, for whatever he's worth in a game, is showing heart. Those two guys don t deserve this team or it's coaches.

For the fact that Columbia is so bad, and selects the worst shots, and uconn is so much more talented and could just will their way to win, I'd think this would result in a uconn victory. But damn, this is do much worse than I ever made it out to be, it's be really cool if the people who called ME miserable would at least take it back. I've understated everything

This team certainly has not displayed much heart at all except for the aforementioned Vital and Diarra. I think it’s part of the problem. They don’t look like they care and we haven’t seen the whole team playing with energy even for a 10 minute stretch except maybe the end of the Stony Brook game. It’s been a very sad display. I don’t think the coaching or the team is very good.

Good God CV hitting a jumper in ot to a 1-4 ivy league team who'd have won in regulation if they could make layups AND HE GIVES A SHUSH TO THE CROWD lol. No way this is real

If UConn wins this game it's almost embarrassing that it would count as a win. It has not had any victory type elements from what I saw.

I have trouble as a basketball purist accepting the win. I can't refuse it but it deeply troubles me that UConn is awarded a win for this utter suckfest.

Where does this rank among greatest wins in uconn history? Up there with '99 Duke? Sounds like Coach agrees.

It's to the point where they should just show the sideline reporter for two hours.

Onuorah and Carlton played a combined 12 minutes and both were ineffective. Diarra and Larrier played the 5 most of the game.

This will never work against real teams. Syracuse has 7'2" Pascal Chukwu who averages 3.2 blocks per game, I saw him play in high school which was my school, Fairfield Prep. UConn has to get something out of the true bigs. Onuorah has not really been any good since playing well against Stony Brook. Carlton could be good down the road but is not ready for a game against Cuse.

Every game on the schedule from here on out is a losable game.

What was the most surreal moment of this game?

(a) Vital shushing the crowd after hitting shot in OT
(b) Mamadou Diarra, with double-double playing the 5 mostly and then fouling out
(c) Columbia missed layups that could have won game in regulation
(d) Ollie postgame sideline interview, crediting the victory to God who finally gave strength to the Huskies in the second half
(e) Vital and Diarra, both bench players, emerging as runaway players of the game for UConn

Reactions: andersonfro
A & C both struck me hard. Also JA trying to distribute the ball, it was like watching an ostrich attempting to take flight.

Well.......Ollie is terrible. This team is terrible. CV being the best player on the floor is just an absolute embarrassment.

Guys, we probably never recover from this. This was a Jim Calhoun era not a UCONN era......

I guess Ollie was the only shot we had to continue our winning.......but he has failed. 1000% failed and will leave this program FAR worse off then he found it and that was under a post season ban.

I don't necessarily think the future has to be bleak. Assuming this school is still willing to dump assets into the program, I see very few people pointing out that uconn isn't stingy with the salary. Ralphy makes more than any assistant in history, and I think Kevin makes something like 650k per assist.

I do think its worth pointing out that Columbia lost to Nova by 15. Not a bad showing against a top 10 team.

We all know teams come to play us KNOWING they can win ad play a lot better than they typically do.

a little silver lining of the game today.

I do think its worth pointing out that Columbia lost to Nova by 15. Not a bad showing against a top 10 team.

We all know teams come to play us KNOWING they can win ad play a lot better than they typically do.

a little silver lining of the game today.

There is no silver lining of the game today. The team is terrible, the coach is terrible, the atmosphere at the arena is terrible.

Reactions: the Blades
For $3 million a year it is paying KO I think UConn has a right to expect more than 3800 fans showing and better basketball from this team. This is not a good return on the investment.

For $3 million a year it is paying KO I think UConn has a right to expect more than 3800 fans showing and better basketball from this team. This is not a good return on the investment.
So true KSTW, but the sad thing is this bozo doesn't get that.....wonder if he would like to give some of his $3 million + back since he's destroyed the season ticket base with the trainwreck he created " on and off " the court especially in the last year....News Flash KO....Uconn is dying here financially in the AAC, your job is to fill the fr#ckin' arena with good basketball !!! .....Not this undersized/ stand around/ small ball that nobody wants to watch, that now makes Uconn look as physically inferior as an American East team ! Or why should anyone pay you that kind of money, if your not selling tix ?

"The only thing I'm concerned about is getting healthy and winning games," Ollie said. "The crowd here, I appreciate the [3,808] that came.
"I'm not in charge of sales. I'm in charge of this team, getting them ready, getting them healthy.

The guy who used to do the job knew that was part of his job , as he won, put people in the building and made money for this school..... can KO say the same ?
year / games / attendance
2011-12 / 17/ 12640 ( Jim Calhoun's final year)
2012-13 / 16/ 10728
2013-14 / 18/ 10134
2014-15 / 16/ 10957
2015-16 / 17/ 10413
2016-17 / 17- 8505
2017-18 / 4- 5675

Last edited:
I am sure that KO adheres to the Calhoun “not a dime back” war cry but I didn’t like his comment that “I am not in charge of sales.” Calhoun noted how much money the program made in defense of his salary. KO can offer no such defense.

There is no silver lining of the game today. The team is terrible, the coach is terrible, the atmosphere at the arena is terrible.
The Lions also lost to Army by 10 & Lehigh by 8. LOST TO ARMY BY 10. Now, i dont claim to know how good the Army team is, but just simply going by common sense....they could probably only beat 1/2 of the aac teams. There you have it, i am now a synic and my wife & son dont want to watch these games with me anymore. Never, ever thought i'd get to this point. Ok, got there with Diaco in football, but i'm typically an optimist. Trying to wait til the end of the season to evaluate. No way he gets axed prior to the end of the season. Bank on that - not gonna happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT