ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Reddish: Top 5 player in c/o 2018

Afghusky15

Jun 13, 2016

As I posted in the Moses Brown thread our recruiting has now been designed to not only chase after but land multiple 5 star players per class. How fast we get there I don't know. But this is the main reason Chilliois is hired.

We already got an unofficial from Cam and we will be in this one till the very end.

The UConn staff has watched and even offered many blue chip recruits over the past few years, but that hasn't translated into results. It's hard to get excited about this stuff until the kids sign and then show up on campus. Also, I'm not sure how good of an idea it is to put all the eggs in the baskets if a few 5 stars who ultimately end up going somewhere else, if history is any indicator.

Frankly, I would be much happier if I saw some progress being made on putting a team together for 2017. If the program doesn't get it's act together soon, it won't look like a viable destination for any top 2018 recruits, regardless of how many times Ollie and Co. go to watch them play.

The irony of this is the one guy who keeps getting a free pass is KO's supposed "super recruiter" that he hired last summer, Dwayne Killings....he just looks like another yes man, sitting on the bench for KO's ego......I questioned the hire on this board last summer and everyone jumped to defend it. Not that he isn't a good guy or have some coaching skill but I just asked what does he add when Hobbs, Miller and KO had already recruited a Top 10 class without him. Now Hobbs & Miller are gone & the program is losing the very high end players that they recruited and the 2 commits this year have composite ranks of 134/ 172......Connecticut 2017 Basketball Commits

So again what the hell did Killings do except add to this trainwreck or in the recruiting dept this year besides KO proving he can bring in a guy from outside the Uconn family? ...... crickets.....Now we see another hire like Chillious to do the job alot of people swore that Killings was the answer to. ?..... Thread: Dwayne Killings filling the vacant asst coaching spot

Like you said USA90, fine they go out and watch players....show us some commits( they only have 9 players for 2017-18 and it's almost May) and let's see em' develop a winning team before we crown Chillious the best thing since World Wide Wes ;).... just like some fans did with Killings last summer.

Last edited:
The irony of this is the one guy who keeps getting a free pass is KO's supposed "super recruiter" that he hired last summer, Dwayne Killings....he just looks like another yes man, sitting on the bench for KO's ego......I questioned the hire on this board last summer and everyone jumped to defend it. Not that he isn't a good guy or have some coaching skill but I just asked what does he add when Hobbs, Miller and KO had already recruited a Top 10 class without him. Now Hobbs & Miller are gone & the program is losing the very high end players that they recruited and the 2 commits this year are both have composite ranks over 130......Connecticut 2017 Basketball Commits

So again what the hell did Killings do except add to this trainwreck or in the recruiting dept. this year besides KO proving he can bring in a guy from outside the Uconn family? ...... crickets.....Now we need another hire like Chillious to do the job alot of people swore that Killings was the answer to. ?..... Thread: Dwayne Killings filling the vacant asst coaching spot

Like you said USA90, fine they go out and watch players....show us some commits( they only have 9 players for 2017-18 and it's almost May) and let's see em' develop a winning team before we crown Chillious the best thing since World Wide Wes ;).... just like some fans did with Killings last summer.
He recruited Polley , Carlton , and Anderson but whatever you say.

Composite ranks of 134/ 172 ? ....read the thread everyone jumped up and down claiming Killings was gonna improve Uconn's recruiting, LOL !
Some talk of Uconn getting to a top 5........ how'd that work out ???........your delusional...

Composite ranks of 134/ 172 ? ....read the thread everyone jumped up and down claiming Killings was gonna improve Uconn's recruiting, LOL !
Some talk of Uconn getting to a top 5........ how'd that work out ???........your delusional...
He's known to be good at evaluating talent . Can we wait until his guys play a college season before judging him?

He's known to be good at evaluating talent . Can we wait until his guys play a college season before judging him?
Nice spin, rankings don't count... OK....though I'll give you Carlton does look like he improved from the first film I saw of him.......but your missing the point.... I called this last summer....now KO needs a great recruiter ( Chillious ) to bring in 5 star players (OP) for the great recruiter who was hired last year( according to some fans). ..SMH.... But maybe if KO at least follows up on the guys that he already signed he won't lose them before his 13 man team ( that's down to 9) falls apart:

"Two unrelated sources told The Courant, Ollie barely went out to see Makai Ashton-Langford play this past season after the guard committed to UConn. There ultimately could be a number of reasons — especially playing time -(don't know why , the guard situation is the same when he signed) — why MAL de-committed and went to Providence, but not getting out to show the kid some love couldn't have helped."

Last edited:
Nice spin, rankings don't count... OK....though I'll give you Carlton does looks like he improved from the first film I saw of him.......but your missing the point.... I called this last summer....now KO needs a great recruiter ( Chillious ) to bring in 5 star players (OP) for the great recruiter who was hired last year( according to some fans). ..SMH.... But maybe if KO at least follows up on the guys that he already signed he won't lose them before his 13 man team ( that's down to 9) falls apart:

"Two unrelated sources told The Courant, Ollie barely went out to see Makai Ashton-Langford play this past season after the guard committed to UConn. There ultimately could be a number of reasons — especially playing time — why MAL de-committed and went to Providence, but not getting out to show the kid some love
couldn't have helped."
The point of bringing in Killings was not to get 5 star players .

Reactions: KembaStepBack
What has he done better than Hobbs ?
Hobbs did not get fired, he left and Killings replaced him.On what he does better, that is to be determined, his recruits have not played a minute of college basketball yet . I think it's only fair to wait before you make these ridiculous statements .

Well DK was good at holding KO's hand and joined just in time to "help" coach the worst team at Uconn in 30 years, I guess he was just an innocent bystander, as their record, recruiting and the team they did have crumbled..... but yeah you and KO are probably right .... that's all Glen Millers fault...he's never done anything right ;)

Last edited:
While probably not the best place to post this, It needs to be restated - the incoming 2017 class consists of two players. These small classes are what is hurting UConn now, and will continue to do so in the future. Compound the small incoming classes with multiple transfers and early departures, and you have the current mess UConn is in. Unfortunately, this situation can't be corrected for several years. For those of you who don't like grad transfers and jucos, strap in because it's going to be a long, bumpy ride.

Reactions: the Blades
For those of you who don't like grad transfers and jucos, strap in because it's going to be a long, bumpy ride.

In the past grad transfers and JUCO were used selectively to fill one open spot. Then two years ago Sharp and Miller came in as starters. Now UConn basically needs a whole new starting frontcourt plus experienced reserves. And the guys who just left all said it was not a good offense for them so that isn't going to help recruiting guys who have ability to score and play inside.

Blades, me thinks it's time to call up Coach Smith from Windsor High. Dude gets it done every year....just sayin

Blades, me thinks it's time to call up Coach Smith from Windsor High. Dude gets it done every year....just sayin
Kenny's favorite speech every year to his seniors........ " whatever you do in life you better have a plan...because if you don't have a plan someone will have a plan for you.......... and the plan will benefit the planner "

Reactions: Shaggydog84

Main takeaway for us is that he plans to cut his list to 5 after peach jam in July. I would be surprised if we are not one of those 5.

We shall see in about 2 months time.

Why do we think we'll be in it "til the end?"
Just curious. Happy we're still involved, understand the logistics...but so many other things not on our side for a top 10 player. Competition, um...competition. Both from schedule & practices. Appreciate the posts - nottrying to be a downer. Just wondering if there's something else going on that's not public knowledge :)

One and done ?......next..... don't see this kid coming to Uconn just like I never got a good vibe about Diallo even though Uconn was supposed to be a leader... Now UK may have "won the battle "for a kid who might not play at all for them..(Diallo Hasn't Played in Months. But Draft Stock Is Rising)...Uconn's had only had a one and done (Drummond) ever and he was a CT kid who almost went strait to the draft..

Last edited:
Why do we think we'll be in it "til the end?"
Just curious. Happy we're still involved, understand the logistics...but so many other things not on our side for a top 10 player. Competition, um...competition. Both from schedule & practices. Appreciate the posts - nottrying to be a downer. Just wondering if there's something else going on that's not public knowledge :)

Couple of reasons:

1) Cam has a very good relationship with KO. He has called KO a "role model for African - Americans."
2) We have been on him from the very beginning.
3) Said UConn was one of the 4 schools working hardest for him.
4) He has already visited UConn (unofficial).

Word is however that Duke is the leader. We can only take it one step at a time, and the next step is making it in his top 5 in July.

KO & crew working hard out on the recruiting trail. Mathis maybe the first domino to fall and Cam Reddish would the crown jewel. We are in Camstop 8 now and Cam is expected to narrow down his list to top 5 soon. We should make it and get an official visit.

ADVERTISEMENT