ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari Takes Shot at Krzyzewski Recruiting Pitch To Hamidou Diallo

K is right and Cal is right. Going to UK is nothing but a pass through and the school could care less about you once March is over.

At Duke you get just more things that will pan out of you later in life. Most of these kids fail in the NBA or fall out after a couple of years and end up making less than I do with no plan for anything not basketball.

The other day I was aimlessly watching TV and stopped on highlights for the NBA and randomly saw a few clips that oddly showed several UK players, highly touted superstars in HS and college, riding the pine and high fiving the real players as they came off the court. Made me think of the Doron Lambs of UK and whoever that kid was that posterized us in OUR last championship win.......riding the pine and will be out of the league soon enough with no support from UK or education to fall back on and certainly no Calamari to help mentor you. Cal is a perfect fit for the kid who dreams big and thinks this is all easy. While I hate Duke, i respect K. I DO think K is a mentor and I would bet truly believes and practices the "set for life" he preaches.

Doron Lamb is playing in the top professional league in France. He is probably living a better quality life than many NBA players. Although some people seem to think it is some kind of shame to play pro ball in Europe, it isn't. It's a steady income and good job security and a very nice life for these guys.

It reminds me that former UConn player Gerry Besselink went and played pro ball in one of the Scandanavian countries (Norway or Finland) which is much smaller time but he met his wife over there and stayed there after his pro career ended. Being exposed to and learning different cultures while being paid handsomely isn't a bad gig and many people would sign up for it. A lot of guys go play in Europe and don't really care about playing in the NBA after getting a taste of life in Europe. It depends on the person and their personality. It's not all about money and prestige. In any event these guys are Gods in the venues in which they play. Stephon Marbury became a superstar in China and other than Yao Ming is the biggest star China has ever seen and he laughs all the way to the bank to those who think otherwise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT