ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Bowen II Slaps Adidas With Civil Lawsuit, Alleging Fraud, Racketeering

So do I have this right .....the son sues because his father got rich ???? SMH !

Brian Bowen Sr., who was accused of agreeing to a pay-for-play scheme to receive $100,000 from Adidas to send his son to Louisville, testified in federal court in October that he received thousands of dollars from Gassnola, Dawkins and Rivers to play for Adidas-affiliated grassroots programs. He and Sood also testified that Bowen Sr. received $19,4000 in cash as the first of four payments for Bowen II to attend Louisville.

Bowen II claims in the lawsuit he had no knowledge of the shenanigans. It’s not his fault his father engaged in self dealing. Adidas should have had him sign off on the dirty deals. Since they didn’t they gotta pay the piper.

To bad Pitino wasn't still around and it didn't work out... they'd all get along great :D....but's it's probably all a big coincidence that pops got paid for JR to go to the Ville and that's where he ended up ...;)

Blades - you have to identify who the real bad guys are here. The people at Adidas who were convicted were targeting parents of 5 star recruits that they knew they could manipulate, who they knew would play ball with them and do the necessary "steering" of the recruit. It was a classic scheme to use a dupe or puppet. What is happening to Adidas in both the criminal and civil justice systems is what should be happening to prevent these kinds of shenanigans from perpetuating again in college basketball.

Reactions: UconNell
You'd make a good lawyer for his case....but we all know lawyers lie for a living....When a kid ends up a pro anyway like Bowen did, his father ends up with cash for someplace that JR didn't even play.... they both ended up ahead, so where's the damage? Last time I checked Australia pays a lot more for his services than Louisville would have , or um, at least it's supposed to since the NCAA isn't a professional league.. But since the kid was already on the take with pops, him and his lawyer are probably butt hurt that they didn't get the full $100K. This is an amazing amount nonsense and the lawyers statement should really read "Brian is an exceptional young man who is determined to right this wrong...he had a deal in place for a ton of cash to play as an amateur and I'm gonna make sure he's gets it one way or another " Because if he doesn't I'll have to keep chasing fender benders all week long & that's gonna suck.;) .....If I was the judge I would throw em' all out of court.....

Last edited:
I wouldn’t throw it out. I would give the kid a trial date and allow him to prove he was damaged by Adidas’s fraud and racketeering. The defendants’s criminal convictions can be used in the civil case. However Bowen still must prove he was damaged by the defendant’s conduct in terms of his professional growth as a basketball player. There may be a claim that the defendants’ conduct deprived Bowen of the opportunity to be coached by Pitino. There may also be a claim that Bowen’s professional reputation was harmed by the defendants manipulating his family. All of these things need to be proved. Adidas will have the opportunity to make the argument that he was not damaged by anything the defendants did. I say let it all play out in Court and let a jury decide.

Your so predictable with your arguments, but nice comeback counselor :).....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT