ADVERTISEMENT

Bouknight Charged in Motor Vehicle Incident

His AR application will likely be granted, but please note you have one bite at the Apple with AR. Once you play the card you can’t use it again. I have in the past done some minor criminal stuff like this and you worry about playing the AR card on a really minor stuff when you can save it for something slightly more dicy. I presume his attorney would have told Bouknight all of this.

I was once able to get threatening, breach of peace and gun charges nolled for a much older client who had no record, saving the AR for a later date. I was able to reach that resolution right after Sandy Hook based on my client selling weapons that hadn’t been already impounded by local police (he had admitted to arresting officer the existence of other weapons beyond the one he had a carry permit for). This was a critical save because the client later burned through that AR and ultimately went to jail from what I heard, although by that time I wasn’t representing him any more because his criminal stuff became more serious and over my head. And it was too bad because prior to age 40 the dude had no criminal record and then things kind of unravelled for him. As an attorney you have to have a read on the client and know if he is headed for more trouble down the road.

3 game suspension is quite a bit harsher than the one game Jalen got for similar nonsense, but I don’t really have too much issue with sending a message to these kids that they need to represent UConn well. Missing the Florida game will be particularly hurtful, as they are a top 5 team and Bilas thinks they are a strong national championship contender. A win over Florida would give UConn tremendous NET juice.

ADVERTISEMENT