ADVERTISEMENT

Bonus Notes: QB CJ Lewis and head coach David Dykeman

aman kidwai

Staff
Apr 28, 2015
https://www.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1039&CID=1777240

Got some good feedback last time I did this, so here goes:

CJ Lewis

- Lewis transferred to Cheshire Academy from Notre Dame-West Haven and re-classified, "I decided to make the commitment to becoming a Division 1 athlete," he said.

- He said Noel Thomas was one of the first people he met after receiving his offer. Thomas was also a prep star in Connecticut at St. Luke's in New Canaan.

- Has taken note of UConn's NFL presence

- mentioned BC and UMass as recruiting him the hardest. I didn't put that in the article it because it's still very early in his recruitment and he's yet to start a game.

- believes he is skilled at improvising and decision-making on the field.

Head Coach David Dykeman

- Cheshire Academy was ahead big in a bunch of games, which gave Lewis a chance to see some action on the field. Dykeman mentioned that he had to keep the playbook simple more so than usual in the interest of sportsmanship.

- Dykeman told me the story of Lewis asking to play defensive back after three starters went down. He ended up starting at free safety into the post-season. Lewis humbly explained it as "I played some DB for a bit."

- Lewis' areas for improvement: "He's gotten away a little bit with being a pure athlete. We need to polish some of his quarterbacking skills, such as footwork and letting him know it's okay to throw the change up sometimes."

He added: "but he has everything you want, the athleticism and the skill. We just need to bring it all together."

"UConn has a tremendous facility and a great stadium."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT