ADVERTISEMENT

Blazers Exercise 4th Year Option on Napier

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
Shabazz must be breathing a huge sigh of relief. I thought he could get cut, even though he played solidly in preseason he wasn't getting a lot of minutes. He is locked up now through 2017-18 with a nice job security for 2 years, although he is trapped on the bench behind Lillard and McCollum unless one of those two gets hurt. Not sure if it's better to be a well paid bench player in the NBA than a well paid star/main man player in Europe, that can be debated, but glad to see he made the team and I hope he can play some. If he stagnates on bench and gets a better offer in Europe wonder what he will do?

Props to Shabazz for getting the job done and adding a hell of a pay increase.....from a business perspective it's gotta be a no brainer, don't know what he'd make in Europe, but I read alot of these NBA tweener guys start more in the 100K-150K + area, overseas.....I just read Blazers extend " Napier, who was selected with the 24th overall selection in the same draft, will make $2,361,360 next season. He will earn $1,350,120 this season. " ....nice work if you can get it and after all this is a business now for him. So grab what he can from the NBA at those rates and later if he wants to be in the big fish in the little pond ( like KEA did ) over in Europe it will always be there.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT