ADVERTISEMENT

Binghamton

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
This team is 1-2 with losses to Cornell and Columbia and a 12 point win over Sacred Heart. At #314 in KenPom they are weaker than the LIU Sharks UConn just de-finned. They do have a 6'9" center but the offense features their guards, one of whom is 6'7". This is a game in which UConn needs to take care of business, just as in the BTO song, and avoid looking ahead to the possible 3 tough tests at BOA next week:

Game time 12 noon at the XL--- TV: FS1 ..

Another DH connect coaches this team. His former team mate at Seton Hall, Levell Sanders - Head Men's Basketball Coach

Yep, good size off the bench, but they start a small ball team, a big with 3 guards, here's the numbers below.
click image:
4-Binghamton-hoops-2021-22-2a.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, Levell Sanders and Danny Hurley were teammates for 2 years at Seton Hall and the 2 of them were the starting guards on the 1995-96 team. Sanders was a better 3 point shooter than Hurley, who was a terrible outside shooter, surprisingly.

Last edited:
5 guys are averaging double figures scoring with 2 others knocking on the door. Aside from that, the only team stat I consider analytically relevant after 3 cupcake games would be the 73% team FT shooting, because FT shooting % should not change too much with the level of opponent. All of the team stats are good and show that UConn is doing what it should be doing against 3 cupcake opponents so far.

One other impressive stat is Akok Akok leading the team in rebounding and blocked shots so far. These stats prove he is BACK.

Interestingly UConn v. Binghamton is not the only top 25 action in Connecticut this afternoon. #5 Villanova will be playing #17 Tennessee at the Sun at 1 pm. These teams are both in the top 5 nationally in 3 pointers made per game, with Villanova at 13.7 per game and Tennessee at 13.5 per game. If VU can take down Tennessee it will complete an impressive week by the Big East against non-conference, high division 1 teams.

Last edited:
It just came to my attention that ESPN either intentionally or unintentionally is posting false information on their website about today's game. The website indicates that game is on FS2, but actually it's on FS1. Horse racing is one FS2 from 11:30 to 6:00 pm today. So do not look for the game on FS2, it's on FS1

I saw one of the first drives we have ever seen by Martin where he freely and without bailing out assisted a teammate, finding Sanogo alone for a hammer dunk. Then he did it again a minute later.

He has 4 assists today. Wow!!!!

Martin was your player of the game with 15 points, 11 boards and 4 assists. Hawkins in the second half, and Gaffney and Akok in the first half, all looked good off the bench.

But UConn did look a little off today, a little lazy on defense and almost consistently not finishing at the rim. Cole had a second straight weak game, didn't finish well, and nor did the bigs. If I may be honest, I kind of expected a win like this, where the team looked semi-interested. It was a trap game against a cupcake. They are looking ahead to Auburn. I would have been too, having actually been to Atlantis. They just need to play better against Auburn and look hungry for a tournament title in Atlantis. They haven't won it and they have a team that can, if it plays well.

Last edited:
Martin was your player of the game with 15 points, 11 boards and 4 assists. Hawkins in the second half, and Gaffney and Akok in the first half, all looked good off the bench.

But UConn did look a little off today, a little lazy on defense and almost consistently not finishing at the rim. Cole had a second straight weak game, didn't finish well, and nor did the bigs. If I may be honest, I kind of expected a win like this, where the team looked semi-interested. It was a trap game against a cupcake. They are looking ahead to Auburn. I would have been too, having actually been to Atlantis. They just need to play better against Auburn and look hungry for a tournament title in Atlantis. They haven't won it and they have a team that can, if it plays well.
Yep absolutely played like "Fat Rats". No talking or switching on D/ leaving guys wide open time after time. Not enough ball movement on O or making the extra pass, forced or off balance shots. It's like they already had this ringing in their ears:

I had just got back from Hartford and now saw this, but I guess Dan felt the same way....
( probably because a 24 point win vs. a mid major isn't enough....since this team is so much better than 3 or 4 years ago)

You know that Beach Boys song brings back great memories of my Atlantis trip in 2011. I do hope the guys get some time to enjoy themselves at the resort and for me the most enjoyable thing I did was going to Aquaventure and going on the water rides. They have single and double tube-rafts and a mile long river ride which has rolling rapids and wave surges. The wave surges are created by an artificial wave making machine of some kind, but what's interesting is that the waves it produces are of varying strengths ranging from little waves to Tsunamis. And they are sudden and unpredictable. I was in a single seater tube raft directly in front of a woman also in a single seater with my head facing her because my raft had gotten turned around. As we were in that position, facing each other, one of the Tsunami like waves suddenly roared up on us. Before I could even get a word out of my mouth her raft was picked up and carried forward with velocity in such a way that her foot came straight into my forehead with the force of a karate kick. After everything died down and our rafts came side by side she was apologizing to me, but I told her she had nothing to apologize for because it was a sudden wave, and we got caught in a weird position when it hit. The moral of this story is if any of you guys do that ride don't let your raft get turned around like I did where you are facing the raft behind you. Always keep your face forward so you know where your raft is headed.
Here is the link to Aquaventure:

It's like they already had this ringing in their ears:

Tyrese Martin openly admitted as much in the postgame presser, even though he was the best player on the Court:

"Not to look ahead of games, but I feel like a lot of players tonight had the Bahamas in the back of their heads and just looking forward to that trip," Martin said. "It showed in most of the guys' performances tonight. I mean, guys have to grow from that and take it one game at a time."

Martin also had four assists, three steals and a blocked shot. He isn't crazy about going to the beach, anyway.

“It’s funny you say that because honestly I’m not a beach person,” Martin said. “I’d rather go in the pool than the beach.”

Martin is in for a big surprise because I remember those pools at Atlantis and one of them was amazing. It was like the most beautiful pool I ever swam in. Another one had like a waterfall on one side of it. I went there every night at sunset, to those pools.

Last edited:
Reactions: the Blades
Here is a link the swimming pools in case Tyrese Martin or any other pool lover is reading this. The ones I referred to in my post above are the Grotto Pool and the Baths Colonnade Pool. The Baths Colonnade pool is the most beautifully architectured pool I have ever been in in my life. I also liked the Grotto Pool and going under those waterfalls. Scroll down this link to see photos of these pools:

I guess Cuse, who's on the other side of the bracket in Atlantis was thinking about the beaches too, with a much worse result. LOL !

Last edited:
Wow, a 15 point loss, at home, to a Patriot League team that has already lost 2 games, including to Cornell, with 2 Boeheims in the starting lineup, is not what Syracuse fans and media really wanted to see. Syracuse had won 54 straight games against Colgate since that last loss!!!!!!!!!!! Undoubtedly they were looking forward to Atlantis, but the Syracuse fans should feel as bad or worse about this loss as UConn fans did after the home loss to Wagner 5 years ago. Brutal loss for the Cuse- like UConn losing to CCSU. Their program has declined slowly over the past 10 or so years and is not what it once was.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT