ADVERTISEMENT

Benedict calls out the fanbase

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
My take is any good the AD did with the coaches tour, he just ruined.
" the school has tried to make a push to get fans into the seats in East Hartford this season — not to mention in Storrs and Hartford for basketball games — with a summer of public events and pleas. "
I've continued to support these guys thru thick and thin, but he's not gonna get the fickle CT fans to buy tickets to seven strait years of losing in FB and with what KO did to the BB team lately by saying:

“We need our fan base to step up and be accountable if they want to have a quality football program and quality programs in general,” Benedict said. “You’ve got support the programs through thick and thin. That’s what great programs do. We have to try to re-engage our fan base and get them to start buying into that.”

He's at way to volatile a time in Uconn's sport history with the fanbase. We've been through way to much with CR, getting demoted from the BCS and losing. While way to much old school money is moving out of this tax gouging state... And do these new students or millennials even follow sports ? This guy would have been better off keeping his mouth shut.

Last edited:
This is my first year without either football or basketball season tickets in over a decade. The investment just wasn't worth it. I have kids now that I'm paying prep school tuitions, teenage boys with driver's licenses are insanely expensive to insure. The cost of season tickets in the grand scheme of things is actually not that much, but I just didn't feel personally like it was worth the investment compared to the other stuff that I charge up and pay bills every month. especially not in recent years sitting down in my seats at Rentschler or the Civic Center and looking around at all the empty seats. How many of those seats could I buy for cheaper? I'll probably still go to games, but I think the sports product needs to improve. As for basketball 6pm Sunday games, and just weird schedules don't work. A weeknight 7pm-9pm fits in nice.

ADVERTISEMENT