ADVERTISEMENT

Beaudry named starting QB

“I like the size, (6-5) obviously he can see over the line,” UConn quarterbacks coach Mike Moyseenko said. “He has the ability to make any throw on the field, you like a guy who is a little bigger and thicker to take some shots. In the game of football. It is never perfect, it is never clean so the ability to take a bump here or there helps him out. If you watch our offense, we like to run the football at certain times but just imagine in certain situations who can get isolated on a smaller DB and at the end of the day he has to tackle a 250-pound guy. .... “Is it going to be a lot like it was last year? No, but there are a lot of things you can do with a big guy like Mike.”

Full read:

Last edited:
One more from the JI: Edsall names Beaudry UConn starting QB

....Mike Beaudry led West Florida to the NCAA Division II championship game in 2017. After missing last season with foot injury, he transferred to UConn. He threw for 3,215 yards and 29 TDs in 2017 for West Florida, going 10-4 as a starter that season.....

"Giufre, who also coaches the team’s offensive line and is in his first season as a coordinator, believes he knows what coach Randy Edsall and he are looking for when it comes to a quarterback."....“You want to see how a guy commands the offense. You want to see a guy take charge. You want to see a guy show control ”

Last edited:
Older story on Mike from FLA:
"He said he wanted to play (Division I)" Shinnick said. "He said this is about the opportunity to go play at (a Division I school). And he feels that gives him the best opportunity for his future...UWF found a gem in Beaudry when they picked him out of Oviedo (FL) Hagerty High almost four years ago.....the centerpiece of the Argos' offense would be leaving UWF with two (possibly three) years of eligibility remaining to try and play for a Division I program. ..."He made it all about having the opportunity of playing at a Division I institution and fulfilling that dream that he has."

University of West Florida quarterback's transfer has stunned coaches

Beaudry is healthy again, just in time, but not so much for SK:

ADVERTISEMENT