ADVERTISEMENT

Any word on the MAL visit?

Ah yes the mighty Crystal ball strikes again, I just found their top "expert" hard at work :

crystal-ball-gazer.jpg

Reactions: UconNell
Okay I got it you meant you had no idea on the commitment date. I hope it happens soon. How does MAL's game compare to that of Alterique Gilbert? Is he as good a 3 ball shooter?

Okay I got it you meant you had no idea on the commitment date. I hope it happens soon. How does MAL's game compare to that of Alterique Gilbert? Is he as good a 3 ball shooter?
MAL is a pretty awful shooter. Even FTs. He'll have a year to work on that though.

I have geard Dyson like out of college. Not as wide but can slash to the basket
He doesn't play above the rim like Dyson, but great slasher and he can lay it up with the best of them. If he could shoot he'd be incredible scoring. How he'll play as a point guard is more of an unknown since he doesn't have to right now (Bede does).

MAL is a pretty awful shooter. Even FTs. He'll have a year to work on that though.
not good..????..SMH ....so what's the attraction ? You can't have guards in the game at the end that can't shoot, that's a loss waiting to happen.... and personally I hate slashers in college hoops.... with the way guys take charges & zone defenses it's a TO in the making too

Last edited:
I don't like guards that can't shoot either. If you can't knock down 3s at this level of basketball and your game is just slashing, that will get stopped very easily by good teams. I am curious as to why this kid is ranked so highly.

Lots of guards have been electrifying without shooting too well from 3. He loves Derrick Rose, who had the same hole in his game.

RTA,

True about Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook, but Westbrook (a) is an athletic freak and (b) if you watched the playoffs last year his 3 ball improved noticeably. Rose was a taller guard with immense dribble drive ability because of his move, but isn't the player he was and nor will he be close due to his serious knee injuries, unless he improves on his 30% career 3 point shooting. He is like Jason Kidd at the same stage of his career when Jason lost a step and he realized I have to improved my moose-ball sucking 3 ball or become an average player. And Jason Kidd at the end of his career became a capable 3 baller. Kemba Walker has also improved his 3 ball which makes him much more lethal a driver.

Westbrook picked up his 3 ball last year and he will be a one man wrecking crew this year. Although both he and Durant were horrible in the critical game 6 meltdown against the Warriors last year, I was very impressed by Russell Westbrook's body of work in the NBA playoffs last year. If you take total body of work he was the best guard in the NBA playoffs last year, but as I said that guy is an athletic freak and nobody plays like him. Unless you have that kind of athleticism, also possessed by Allen Iverson, you don't get away with the low 3 ball shooting in the NBA. Westbrook is an animal, a beast when it comes around to all facets of the game except shooting but he made 3s in the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT