ADVERTISEMENT

Alterique may be the best player this year

I don't want to wait until next year to be very good. UConn needs to be very good this year. 15-16 is not acceptable and we can't be waiting another year to get better. I don't think Ollie will be given another 15-16 year in order to get very good.

I hope that's right but I'll wait & see. Although this is different, I've heard things like this b4 with Purvis, Aju Deng & the other 5 star twig who I can't remember his name. Majok maybe 6'11" kid. Let's just play man

Reactions: the Blades
I am expecting him to be the 3rd best player this year after Jalen and Terry Larrier, who both have more experience. Gilbert is a pure point guard who will be asked to score more next year.

I don't want to wait until next year to be very good. UConn needs to be very good this year. 15-16 is not acceptable and we can't be waiting another year to get better. I don't think Ollie will be given another 15-16 year in order to get very good.

I meant the 17-18 year when I said next year. I think we will be very good this year.

I'd be pretty surprised if he's better than Jalen.

I think Jalen, Alterique, and Larrier are all roughly on the same level when it comes to talent/skill and impacts they can have on the game.

We all saw how much Jalen's playmaking ability was key to UConn's offense last year. To add two more players of the same caliber this year will make this team really formidable.

They all have one more year of experience and growth under their belts. I would not be surprised if anyone of these trio becomes the "best" player and I think all of them will play like stars.

Hoping they all stay healthy.

Reactions: Shaggydog84
The most important thing about Gilbert is he will move Jalen off the ball most of the time. Jalen was the primary and only ballhandler last year in a role that was unexpected due to injuries, and it wore him down in many games. Having Gilbert as the primary ballhandler will help Jalen be more effective and fresher at the end of games.

One other thing I should mention about alterique is that in his limited action last year I liked his on ball defense. He looked like a Boatright-like pest, the kind of guy you want to swat away, but can't. Let's not be totally focused on his offense. Defense is half of the game.

Reactions: Afghusky15
If he is better than JA then we are going to be a good team. I am not sold on TL, too selfish of a player going back to before he came here, takes a lot of bad shots. If he has matured......then he can be REAL good so lets hope our coaching staff *GULP* has made him better?????

AG might be fragile, I will call it a blessed game any game he doesn't separate that shoulder again.

ADVERTISEMENT