ADVERTISEMENT

4 star Florida State transfer ready for UConn Football

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
" Huskies coach Bob Diaco knew Levenberry was good coming out of C.D. Hylton High School in Woodbridge, Va. Diaco recruited the 6-foot-3, 245-pound linebacker when he was at Notre Dame. But Florida State got him. Levenberry recorded 39 tackles as a true freshman on the Seminoles' 2013 national championship team........ Diaco was there again, as the coach of UConn, and this time Levenberry took him up on his offer in the spring of 2015. A year later, after the required one-year break when transferring from one FBS school to another, Levenberry was in action this past week at spring practice."

Full Courant article from DC:
FSU Transfer Levenberry Ready For His Chance To Play

Last edited:
Reactions: ktuck911
Yeah looks like he's up for one of the inside slots or at least sharing time with Junior Joseph and Matt Walsh. But they'll all probably play alot with Diggs on the outside and Carrezola/ Stapleton both getting time on the other side in DE/LB hybrid. It looks like they have a ton of depth at the LB slot, when you add Hicks and Stephens who have seen some time and then you add 3 more freshman who'll be taking off the redshirts. Also looks like the LB's keep getting bigger in Diaco's system.

LB is our strongest position it seems. I feel attrition coming on there. Everybody can't play. Here's hoping we show a lot stronger at other positions going forward ( i.e. OL , WR, back up QB, )

Who is the statistician for UCONN football? I counted more than two tackles for EJ vs Navy and Virginia. I counted three sacks vs. Syracuse but they credited him with only 1 sack and two tackles for a loss. Does anyone recall if he tackled a halfback or a QB the other two times behind the line of scrimmage?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT