ADVERTISEMENT

3 AAC teams in the top 25 polls...

This bodes well.........for all the people who have been shitting on the AAC, I said give it time. The NCAA landscape as we know it is not etched in stone and I strongly believe conferences will continue to realign and also drop schools that are "not cutting it."

This bodes well.........for all the people who have been shitting on the AAC, I said give it time. The NCAA landscape as we know it is not etched in stone and I strongly believe conferences will continue to realign and also drop schools that are "not cutting it."

Also Navy is 4-1( only loss to #10 Notre Dame) and got some votes. Real problem was the pollster's (aka the media) had the AAC teams so far down to start with and they will never give this conference any respect unless they are forced to because of the hype they bestow on the P-5 football factories. Plus how they view the AAC as small time because of stadiums, smaller crowds, lower TV ratings etc.

As I said B4 and I actually follow FB ( and don't consider it filler).... I thought the AAC's FB is equal or could be better than the Big East's was...the ongoing AAC problem overall is hoops strength of schedule, $$$ and that all the presidents of these AAC's schools are ready to leave this conference ASAP for a P-5 as we've seen before...... Time isn't something this conference may ever have because of realignment and just when you start to develop rivalries....like with Louisville, WVU, etc...... they're gone.

Last edited:
The American is definitely doing well. I'm not sure that any conference has any incentive to add a school in the near future, so I think it does stick together a while.

The key will be the next AAC TV deal. Once we see how much we can close the gap we'll see how solvent the conference really is. Because right now everyone's running at a big loss trying to keep up with the P5 Joneses.

Adding Navy, with a national audience and the program playing as well as it has, is a big help. As is winning all these P5 non-con games. UConn will do its part next year by beating all or most of BC, Syracuse and UVA next year.

How quickly some people forget the 1980s when people said UConn should leave the Big East conference because it couldn't compete in it and didn't have the facilities to do so. I can remember reading that shit in the Hartford Courant.......... but guess what happened.......things changed. Things always change. Change is beautiful, and I say embrace the possibility that the AAC will force change...........

The American is definitely doing well. I'm not sure that any conference has any incentive to add a school in the near future, so I think it does stick together a while.
The key will be the next AAC TV deal. Once we see how much we can close the gap we'll see how solvent the conference really is. Because right now everyone's running at a big loss trying to keep up with the P5 Joneses.
Adding Navy, with a national audience and the program playing as well as it has, is a big help. As is winning all these P5 non-con games. UConn will do its part next year by beating all or most of BC, Syracuse and UVA next year.

True.....As I've said for years Aman, and your new to this board, all thing being equal the AAC would be OK. But thing aren't equal as you said above, the money and separation will eventually be a killer after the BE exit fees run out. ( But isn't that the P-5's goal anyway ?) When you add cost of attendance, travel (which I heard yesterday that the American travels something like 8,000 miles to every 4,000 the P-5's do) and ever other new P-5 autonomy rule or decision that they can change which Uconn has no control of. Also don't sleep on the Big 12 staying as is..... there are still alot of moving parts( OU, the Longhorn Network issues) that could send things into a frenzy again. If or when this happens the only one I care about is Uconn, because it'll become every school for itself and when Uconn has by far the highest AD budget in the AAC that dwarfs a bunch of the bottom feeders, we can't be left behind again.

Last edited:
How quickly some people forget the 1980s when people said UConn should leave the Big East conference because it couldn't compete in it and didn't have the facilities to do so. I can remember reading that shit in the Hartford Courant.......... but guess what happened.......things changed. Things always change. Change is beautiful, and I say embrace the possibility that the AAC will force change...........

No comparison... Schools were fighting to get into the Big East.....Penn St. even got turned down....... where as the AAC (new Big East) has schools fighting to get out.... they lost TCU,( sued them) Boise St and San Diego St, before they even got here.... then Rutgers and Ville after the first year...Anyone who thinks that's the same is delusional !

Last edited:
Let Houston, Memphis and Temple enjoy their time shining in the football top 25 because they will be getting their clocks cleaned in basketball this year.

Reactions: the Blades
Speaking of Big 12 and realignment there's still plenty of smoke in the last few days:
Billionaire BOR Chair says Houston has better than 50% chance of leaving the AAC in 24-36 months : UH getting into Big 12 'not a dead issue' and in February he said the Texas Legislature should pressure the presidents of the Big 12 schools to "step up" and let the University of Houston into the conference

Also from the Big 12 Commish' : Is the Future of the Big 12 in Danger?
The Big 12 model, as it currently operates, is temporary. That's straight from the mouth of conference commissioner Bob Bowlsby.
* Oklahoma president David Boren kick-started more realignment chatter when he said the Big 12, a 10-team league, should "strive" for expansion while it has the "time, stability, all of that to look and be choosy,"........... Boren also referenced Texas' Longhorn Network, calling it the "elephant in the room."
* For Bowlsby to back up Boren's statements four months later is eye-opening, though.
* Toby Rowland ‏@TRowOU " I asked B12 Commish Bob Bowlsby Saturday on air to predict what the B12 looks like in 5 years. He answered, "without a championship game...w/out a network, w/out being at 12 or even larger, we probably if you add all those things up... may be at a little bit of a disadvantage." 9:32 AM - 12 Oct 2015

The Big 12 adding 2 or more means at minimum Memphis, Cincy, Houston and UCF or USF could all get serious looks. Though from a national brand across the board and/or academically I think Uconn and BYU could bring more to the table.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT