ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting: Paul Mulcahy

Does trusting Hurley mean not trusting Rivals ranking? I would take the kid if all he can do is shoot 3s which I suspect could be the case. UConn needs some 3 ballers. Take a look at last years 3 point shooting stats fellas.

Nothing gets me more excited than filling our roster with a bunch of 3 star recruits.
Donte Divincenzo of Villanova was a 3 star recruit. Would you take him at UConn? Trust the new staff to get what they need.

We need somebody who can shoot threes. Recruits who can do everything and shoot threes are ranked in the top 10 and we're not getting those guys.

Reactions: CaNOLEE
Donte Divincenzo of Villanova was a 3 star recruit. Would you take him at UConn? Trust the new staff to get what they need.

We need somebody who can shoot threes. Recruits who can do everything and shoot threes are ranked in the top 10 and we're not getting those guys.

I would absolutely take him but if you look at most well built programs competing for titles they are not loaded with 3 star recruits.

Rivals totally missed the boat on DiVincenzo. He can play and is more than a 3 baller. He has serious hops and athleticism and was getting to the hole whenever he wanted to. I watched a lot of Villanova’s games and that kid is as good as anyone on their team and has tremendous pro potential. He will be a high first round pick. He’s much better than the other white kid at Duke, Grayson Allen, who will be an average pro.

I can’t understand why DiVincenzo was ranked where he was. He is a high level talent, the scouts just blew it on him.

I would take Mulcahy if as I suspect he is a tough Irish kid who can shoot 3s. Hurley looks at that roster and the stats and surely he knows 3 ball shooters are needed and a “3 ball help wanted” sign has been out in Storrs for a few years. All Ollie ever recruited on 3 ballers was Tolksdorf (who transferred) and Vance Jackson (who transferred), so basically he recruited 2 guys to shoot 3s and ended up with none. The weak 3 point shooting the last two seasons was a big part of the losing records. As was the weak rebounding but that’s another subject.

ADVERTISEMENT