ADVERTISEMENT

2018 recruitment of bigs

Afghusky15

Jun 13, 2016
I thought I'd start a post focusing on the recruiting on bigs for 2018 class, since many seem to believe the staff is focusing too much on guards. This is not true. We are recruiting some top tier bigs .
Including 5 star Moses Brown:

He recently said: “Kentucky, Maryland, UConn, St. John’s, Florida, Miami, and Louisville; just about everybody,” Brown said of the schools involved in his recruitment.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/five-star-center-brown-breaks-down-contenders

He has visited UConn for first night as well. We have been on him early.

Reactions: Shaggydog84
Thx
I believe the initial reason for me believing we hadn't seen many bigs was from Twitter. I follow Eric bossi & Corey Evans...as well as rivals of course. And it just seems like there are more bigs who are visiting other schools...including Houston & other aac schools...more than uconn. And I'm not talking about 5star 5's...sorry to be pessimistic but at this point, I found it doubtful we're gonna come out on top with one. We weren't really getting any historically, right? What would make me believe in this current environment that a 5 ⭐️ 5 would commit to us? I'm thinking more about the possibility of at high quality 4's. Recruiting 2 or 3 obviously doesn't work....u would know more than me about this but I'm just telling it like I feel it's going.

Appreciate this new thread brother.

Reactions: Afghusky15
The reality is that there were euphoric threads on this board when UConn signed Rakim Lubin. This more or less summarizes the state of recruiting bigs.

Thx
I believe the initial reason for me believing we hadn't seen many bigs was from Twitter. I follow Eric bossi & Corey Evans...as well as rivals of course. And it just seems like there are more bigs who are visiting other schools...including Houston & other aac schools...more than uconn. And I'm not talking about 5star 5's...sorry to be pessimistic but at this point, I found it doubtful we're gonna come out on top with one. We weren't really getting any historically, right? What would make me believe in this current environment that a 5 ⭐️ 5 would commit to us? I'm thinking more about the possibility of at high quality 4's. Recruiting 2 or 3 obviously doesn't work....u would know more than me about this but I'm just telling it like I feel it's going.

Appreciate this new thread brother.

A five star would commit to us because we have a national program, elite schedule, history of championships, putting guys in pros.

AND most importantly for recruits now a days we have plenty of playing time for a top notch recruit to come in and play right away.

Reactions: UconNell

This would be his 2nd visit. Just visited a few weeks ago and was offered on his unofficial.

He is regarded as the best shot blocker in his class.

Reactions: Shaggydog84

I like our chances with his recruitment. He is set to have a major jump in the rankings. Best shot blocker in his class and recently received defensive player of the tournament at the Peach Jam.

He may be our first commit for this class. I hope.

ADVERTISEMENT