ADVERTISEMENT

1 Year Big Man

Shaggydog84

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2008
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12551916/tyler-harris-transfer-providence-college

He's a 4 but if we have a scholly left and don't wanna waste a 4 yr commitment from a lower level big, maybe TH is an option. 1 year commit, adds some girth, although KSTW i didnt look up his FT shooting %.

rebounding stats don't pop out but not sure how many minutes he was getting. 10ppg is not bad, maybe a guy we can actually want to get the ball into the post to...

Just thinking out loud.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't categorize Harris as a big. He makes Facey and Nolan look like Lubin. We need beef and rebounding up front, not finesse

As I already posted in another thread where this guy was discussed:

"Harris is a 10 points and 4 boards guy with a very high FT% and a very low FG%, which suggests to me that he takes a lot of bad shots or loves himself too many jumpshots. That is not what we need. We want a low post guy who can do some work and score easy baskets, give me a freaking break with that .420 FG%, that sucks. By comparison Facey shot 54% and Nolan shot 47%. Only way Harris is shooting way lower than those guys is taking perimeter shots. Next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

haha Silk. Just saw a pic and he looked thick. i guess 6'9'' 223 isn't a big but i guess i just hope, like i think blades had mentioned, we don't just pick up anyone and give him 4 years of scholly. Giving a 1 yr scholly to a post grad if u have an xtra one can't hurt too bad...or can it? Also, didn't realize he transferred from NC State to Providence...

My bad KSTW - now that you reposted i remember it. I digress...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT