ADVERTISEMENT

Windsor, CT lineman heading to Alabama

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
As I said in this thread Uconn's gotta pay more attention to Windsor than they do:
4th DL from Windsor, CT headed to the NFL

today from
John Silver ‏@JohnFSilver 3h3 hours ago
"Did see former Windsor grad OT Charles Baldwin committed to Alabama H/T @TomYantz . That town puts out some football players for being in CT. "

Courant: Windsor Tackle Charles Baldwin Commits To Alabama Football

" Baldwin is the No. 1 junior college offensive tackle recruit, according to the 247Sports composite rankings. "None of this would have been possible if not for coach Fleeting, all the coaches and players at Windsor," said Baldwin, a member of the 2014 All-Courant offensive team. "They taught me the fundamentals, about family and to try to do everything hard and together as a family."

Baldwin said he chose Alabama after receiving scholarship offers from Mississippi, Michigan State, Miami (Fla.), Virginia Tech, Georgia, Oklahoma and Kentucky.

Last edited:
The problem at Windsor is academics. They graduate kids that can't get past UConn's admission office. Terry Knighton was another.

The problem at Windsor is academics. They graduate kids that can't get past UConn's admission office. Terry Knighton was another.
I know Knighton went to Temple by way of Milford prep, I went to the school and have good friends that coached some of these guys so it's not a " Windsor academics problem" , that's bull ..Baker got into Penn St. though that ended badly and Scafe went to BC. You do know that Orsmby who's at Uconn now played for Windsor ? And don't forget the infamous Nollis Dewar another Uconn guy who played for Windsor ......did they have any problem getting past admissions ? Plus it's not like Uconn's never prepped a kid or signed a JUCO...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT