ADVERTISEMENT

Rique...

Done deal...should make for a great holiday weekend for UConn fans

I remember this from a thread we had back in March..interesting (PG "Gibbs" and Big "Miller" ?) and some "other guy" was mentioned that we've been discussing
periodically:

"We are in desperate NEED FOR A BIG and pg.
I love Al Tarique visiting... should be our Pg for 2016 but we need a 5th year badly. "
"9 Ozzie3178, Mar 24, 2015" ;)

Last edited:
Haha. Yessir Blades! I been on him for a minute. Love the kid. Will see him next week. Trust me hen I tell we will win a chip while he is in school!!

Last edited:
More: 5-star PG Alterique Gilbert commits to UConn

Gilbert will replace Seton Hall transfer Sterling Gibbs at the point guard position, and should form a dynamic backcourt duo with incoming freshman Jalen Adams.
"Me and Jalen actually played together a few years back at Elite 100 Camp in St. Louis," Gilbert said. "We played really well together. Ever since then, I've been watching him,
watching how his game has grown."

and good look from " The Report guys " and the scholly grid:

1701265.png

Yessir.....

And LOL if rivals is calling it a soft verbal lolololol

Aren't they all Soft Verbals these days ? With all the transfers we should be calling written acceptances SOFT SIGNINGS

Cassell, Calhoun, Nolan, Facey, and Enoch are all very good backups for any team. Throw in that one of the other guards will be coming off the bench and that is a decent D1 team right there, heck we fielded that team last year a couple of times.

Gibbs, Purvis, Adams: One of these isn't starting and I think its Adams just because he is a freshman unless of course we go three guard with Hamilton at the 4 and Miller/Brimah at the 5. To be frank I would let Adams start at PG with Purvis then let Gibbs spell one of those two or Hamilton. Gibbs would get MASSIVE minutes that way. Lots of Options that leave Cassell and Calhoun on the deep end of the bench where they should be.

It would be something to see if we had Gibbs/Miller come in off the bench together to spell Hamilton/Purvis, there is no drop off.

Last edited:
Look I am not going to lie, I am as enthusiastic as Dom if not moreso, but my enthusiasm is tempered by the fact that I was so disappointed by last year's team. When I went to the first two exhibition games last year, I knew the team was not going to be as good as I had thought. However there has been a clear upgrade in talent and if the team meshes they have almost unlimited potential. They could be anywhere from a sweet 16 team to National Champion.

I know. I'm just bustin KSTW. I try not to get too fired up too early....but when we start talking about the possibilities at work I'm ready to fire on my Chuck Taylor's and take my CEO to the hole....prob a bad move since he played football at Harvard :)

ADVERTISEMENT